Season Tickets Again!

Guest Laticswaj

Guest Laticswaj

They didn't allocate us anything other than an £800k grant. Which will effectively fund the gym.

They bought the Lancaster Club off Blitz.

Latics never owned it.

This is what is on Wikipedia...

On 28 July 2011 the council offered the club £5.7 million to help with their redevelopment fund of Boundary Park, which would involve redevelopment of the Broadway Stand.[12] There has also been talk of a new 16,000-capacity stadium.[13]

Oldham Council confirmed planning approval for the new North Stand in April 2013, including a 2,500 capacity stand, a health and fitness suite, supporters bar and event facilities. Demolition and preparatory work started in the summer of 2013. The build contract for the main works is in the process of being procured.[3]

Also here is a link from the MEN....

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/councils-57m-deal-to-keep-oldham-866704

So again, what is happening?

Unless i've mis-interpreted...

Latics paid £5million for the Lancaster club.

Council bought it back for £5.7million.

Effectively giving us £700,000 to put towards the new stand.

I think...

Unless i've mis-interpreted...

Latics paid £5million for the Lancaster club.

Council bought it back for £5.7million.

Effectively giving us £700,000 to put towards the new stand.

I think...

My memory is seriously failing me on this. But that original purchase price was lower. And was funded by Blitz.

Diego may have retained the relevant links but I recall a £3.5m purchase price, funded by Blitz. That said, I also recall an £800k grant which, from the MEN links, was actually £700k.

Edited by opinions4u

That is some of the strangest reasoning I've ever heard, however I'll let you kid yourself you're right.

Shows how ill informed you are then doesn't it. A franchise is a business operating under a licence granted by another. FC Utd of Manc who play in Red, White & Black are a spin off of Manchester United who play in Red, White & Black. While technically not a franchise - as I outlined above - because the former were not granted permission by the latter, they are in effect acting as such. Otherwise, they'd be called Moston Albion and play in Pink and Turquoise.

Guest Laticswaj

They will only give it corney show's to them i can repay you at some point

Repay what? They are the ones that repaid us. We outlayed up to £5m for Lancaster Ground. Stitched up by council who then backtracked and paid us the money back before we sued them, plus a £700K buffer.

So we should have £5.7 for the stand but for the fact that they re-called the buffer. So back to £5m.

So why does the increase in ST's need to cover the new stand when there is £5m to build it?

Also, funny thing is, since then the charities commission have reversed their decision so we could have moved in the end and be playing in a brand new stadium now.

One that I wouldn't have a problem paying the ST's for given the brand new facilities. Apart from it being in Failsworth but that wouldn't have bothered me.

'It will see them buy the Lancaster Club, purchased by the Latics as part of their doomed plans to move to Failsworth, hand over a £700,000 grant and renegotiate the club's lease on their Chapel Road training facility.

The deal is on the understanding that some of the money is used for a new North Stand to replace the demolished Lookers Stand. But no actual figures were disclosed.

Oldham's owner, Simon Corney, revealed some of the cash would go to paying off a small part of a debt owed to his business partners and former co-owners Simon Blitz and Danny Gazal.'

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/local-news/oldham-athletic-seal-57m-deal-867028

The £700k grant was related the Kickz scheme as I remember reading the grant document at the time.

Shows how ill informed you are then doesn't it. A franchise is a business operating under a licence granted by another. FC Utd of Manc who play in Red, White & Black are a spin off of Manchester United who play in Red, White & Black. While technically not a franchise - as I outlined above - because the former were not granted permission by the latter, they are in effect acting as such. Otherwise, they'd be called Moston Albion and play in Pink and Turquoise.

I know FC isn't a franchise - you even said so yourself. What I will say is, if you can be bothered - find out why FC are called FC United of Manchester.

My memory is seriously failing me on this. But that original purchase price was lower. And was funded by Blitz.

Diego may have retained the relevant links but I recall a £3.5m purchase price, funded by Blitz. That said, I also recall an £800k grant which, from the MEN links, was actually £700k.

I remember SC stating, on the radio, that the purchase of the Lancaster Club had cost his business partners (Blitz and Gazal) about £3m.

The key part of the council report stated: "Pay a capital grant of £700,000 as a contribution to the redevelopment of Boundary Park based on the community work which the club carry out in the Borough. The grant would be phased and based on the progress of development works at Boundary Park."

A number of Latics fans, and other council tax payers, have been misled by press reports talking about £5.7m.
Oldham Council were going to: "Subject to receipt of a final, independent, valuation proceed to acquire the Lancaster Club" from Blitz and Gazal.
I presume this has now happened, although the final valuation figure is probably undisclosed!