Rumours and Transfers 2014

I think due to past comments and twitter, he's thick as pig :censored:.

But, my god, he's massively won me over over the last 12 months. I think he's a great prospect, and perhaps our most improved player. Really hope he does stay.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brown is by no means irreplaceable but it would annoy me if we lost another of our fairly reliable end of season starting XI. Another season of starting from square one wouldn't be good for the club.

While Brown has improved a fair bit this season I'd still be surprised if he got a better club than us.

At a family party over the Bank Holiday weekend and one of the people there was introduced to me as he was an Oldham fan. Never met him before, but he claimed to have given a transfer rumour by a 'club source' (again - how do you get one of these??)

We're in for ex Crewe Defender Kelvin Mellor apparently, as an option should Connor Brown not sign up again.

Probably bollocks, but thougt i'd share.

I'm not sure which is the more pointless activity - reading that site or reposting stuff from it on here

It's an easy way to judge a posters likely validity of opinion to identify those willing to regurgitate it...

At a family party over the Bank Holiday weekend and one of the people there was introduced to me as he was an Oldham fan. Never met him before, but he claimed to have given a transfer rumour by a 'club source' (again - how do you get one of these??)

We're in for ex Crewe Defender Kelvin Mellor apparently, as an option should Connor Brown not sign up again.

Probably bollocks, but thougt i'd share.

Good to see that we have a bargaining chip with Connor Brown. He is 21 so we would be due compensation, likely to put most clubs off.

I hope LJ has learnt from this season and that the loss of Wesolowski (and Grounds to a lesser extent) spurs him on to secure our better players during the season.

I would hope that if the following players are performing well by December that they are offered deals then, LJ says it is evolution not revolution and stability is key to that.

5. Genséric Kusunga (contract extended to 2015)

16. James Wilson (contract extended to 2015)

8. Korey Smith (contracted to 2015)

12. David Mellor (contract extended to 2015)

15. Carl Winchester (contract extended to 2015)

19. James Dayton (contracted to 2015)

Good to see that we have a bargaining chip with Connor Brown. He is 21 so we would be due compensation, likely to put most clubs off.

I hope LJ has learnt from this season and that the loss of Wesolowski (and Grounds to a lesser extent) spurs him on to secure our better players during the season.

I would hope that if the following players are performing well by December that they are offered deals then, LJ says it is evolution not revolution and stability is key to that.

If they are playing well and only have 6 months left on their contracts they aren't going to commit without their agents speaking to other clubs.