Rumours and Transfers 2014

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone believe worrall would make a better centre mid then winger

Could do in the Ben Pringle mode, I know Pringle plays wide left for Rotherham but he drifts into the middle and is very direct, as documented on here Im not the biggest Dayton fan but will give him another chance and hope he proves me wrong, Id like to see Worrall back could play all across midfield or either full back and he does bring good energy to the team, I know his injury held him back a little and with a pre season wouldnt harm our squad at all.

wingers who played as wing backs with two holding midfielders in a 6-3-1 thats what you call sexy football !!!

It's not what I'd choose to watch but if he stuck with it next season and it got us to the playoffs I'm no longer precious about the style of play I want to see if it's successful.

And it wasn't quite as negative as 6-3-1.

Very tight and unadventurous in the main but with us having a go now and again, often to good effect.

It's the closest thing to a gameplan that works that we've seen in a good few years.

I think the, "Clog to Victory," strategy was heavily influenced by who was available. Millar was our only forward with pace. I'll bet money we sign at least one speedster for next season (or is that Turner?)

It'll be great if LJ replaces #whoscomingwithme with #clogtovictory next season.

IMO, we played some of the best football of recent years during Dickov's first 3 months in charge. That midfield lined up with Lewis Allessandra wide left, Stephens & Furman in the centre and Ritchie Jones wide right.

Neither Lewis nor Jones were wingers. Heck, Lewis was suppose to be a striker. But, they didnt play as wingers. Dickov had them positionally safe, tucking in when needed, hugging the line when appropriate, working hard defensively for their full backs and joining the attacks as & when.

It worked.

If only he didnt see his arse, loose faith with it and drop both players.

Anyhow, next season; I don't think there is a need for outright wingers per see. Not in a Montano, Dayton, Schmeltz mould anyway.

If we manage to sign a solid left sided midfielder, not a left winger, a left footed midfielder able to do the same job as Lewis Alice for early Dickov; and Winchester does the wide Right role as per Ritchie Jones; I think we're 'League One' set with that.

We' ve tried wingers and it hasn't really happened since the days of Eyresy and Lids. I think the more solid wide midfielder option is the way to go. And with Winchester already here; we're 50% of the way to staffing it already...

turner has pace for sure just think if we carry on with one up front we dont need another striker.

Just what LJ says in the Chron today....he's going to give Clarke Harris, Philliskirk and Turner the chance to solve our scoring problems and hints at playing Philliskirk as an out and out striker as last season he accepts he was played out of position for a large part of the season.

An experienced striker is not his priority at this stage and any move will depend on the progress of those three. I just hope that we've finally found a gem in Turner and if he does start bangin em in that we can get him signed up on a longer contract. Then if the big boys come in we will at least get a decent fee and not lose him for nowt!

I'd love Winchester to get a run of games. people would finally see how ineffective/:censored: he is.

Or the flip side, the much need run of games finally shows the doubters his true potential and he cements his place in the side in a position that suits his game?

scored nowhere near enough goals last season

Brown-none (it was og), Grounds-3 goals in 2 years, Wilson-1 goal in his whole career, Smith 2 goals and 2 assists last year, Wes 4 goals and 1 assist, Dayton, Worrall, Winchester all very occasional scorers- that is over half the team NOT contributing towards the goals scored. They dont set up many either!

We got in early with Rooney last season and that didn't work too well did it..... rather than spunk all your money on a 'star' striker he maybe thinking of a premiership prospect or experienced championship loanee which could be just as effective and a bloody site cheaper.

A midfield playmaker would be my priority and a replacement for Wes/Smith or both could be top of his shopping list!

IMO, we played some of the best football of recent years during Dickov's first 3 months in charge. That midfield lined up with Lewis Allessandra wide left, Stephens & Furman in the centre and Ritchie Jones wide right.

Neither Lewis nor Jones were wingers. Heck, Lewis was suppose to be a striker. But, they didnt play as wingers. Dickov had them positionally safe, tucking in when needed, hugging the line when appropriate, working hard defensively for their full backs and joining the attacks as & when.

It worked.

If only he didnt see his arse, loose faith with it and drop both players.

How come it's taken you until now to break your silence on this matter? :grin:

Anyone believe worrall would make a better centre mid then winger

He bossed centre midfield with Schumacher when we last played Bury at BP- looks as though we were playing Simmo in CM and. Monty had a shocker out wide though.

So yes I think he can definitely play there, and might end up being better there than out wide, certainly some of his best bits of play, when laying out wide this season were when he came inside.