Rumours and Transfers 2014

Was that at a previous game at BP?

Yeah. The 0-0 game vs exeter. He had a crap haircut and kept giving the ball away. So I decided to mention it to him every time he did. Then decided to count the misplaced passes to him before one found its correct target.

They had a throw in right infront of me. It was thrown in to him to knock back to the taker. He shanked it out for our throw. I didn't say anything, everykne cheered and he looked right at me with a face like thunder.

At the end of the game. Im shouting "oi haircut, you were awful etc..."

He loses it and is having to be restrained by team mates and calmed down. He was the captain

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quite liked Rodgers . Performances like notts county JPT, wolves fa cup and his sublime through ball for charlie mac against shrewsbury all suggested there was something there .

He was at good speeding up a passing game as he had quick feet and looked for a pass early, which suited us in the 1st half of last season. But whenever I saw him he seemed to give the ball away too much for a player in his position.

I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually does well in League One or Two, but we could do, and probably have done, better.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Coventry have added another player; making it 8 in for them.

Shaun Miller has signed up today; to go with some pretty decent signings already - Reda Johnson, Jim O'Brien, Danny Pugh amongst others.

They're looking like having a pretty competitive starting X1 from the looks of it...

Coventry have added another player; making it 8 in for them.

Shaun Miller has signed up today; to go with some pretty decent signings already - Reda Johnson, Jim O'Brien, Danny Pugh amongst others.

They're looking like having a pretty competitive starting X1 from the looks of it...

Tudgay on trial with view to a deal too..

Coventry needed to get some players in, they have lost arguably their best 3 from last season in Moussi, Wilson & the defender that went to Derby plus obviously Clarke leaving late last season - be interesting to see where they think their goals are going to come from

Shaun Miller i would guess they're pinning their hopes on, linking up with O'Brien & Danny Swanson (he's one the others i couldnt remember earlier)

They've got a young lad in on loan from Bournemouth too who's a striker so it'll be that lad & Miller.

I'd still say they're looking decent as a starting X1; its squad depth they might struggle with.

Leon clarke linked with scunny. Wilcox plays it down without convincingly ruling it out.

Exactly what we need, if he's available we should go all out for him IMO.

Apart from his recent spell at Wolves and the odd flirt with the Championship he's recently scored

45 goals in only 75 games in this division. He just has that knack of putting the ball in the net at our level and remember him scoring 3 in 5 on loan here when we were struggling.

He would be a fantastic signing and would probably be the difference between top ten and playoff/promotion. We pushed out the boat for Adam Rooney last season and it didn't work out...I'm not sure the club would want to go down that route again but if a deal could be sorted either permanently or a season long loan I couldn't think of a better way to use some of that new found sponsorship cash.

If you're going to have a successful season in this division you need a 25 goals a season striker and Clarke would almost guarantee that........I live in hope.

that's what the 'hitch' will have been then.............

Doesn't matter who we get in - if LJ continues to play the defensive 4-5-1 we saw in the first 60mins on tuesday in order to fit all these good players into the team, thinking they will all click, then it aint gonna work

Forte, Turner, Philli - all strikers - not wingers, wide men, whatever you want to call them; so we will continue to create nothing unless players are played in their correct positions

Edited by shefflatic

Can you be on trial at 2 different clubs at the same time? I've just been on Port Vale forum and they are talking about him playing in a game on the 12th after he played for us on the 10th. Think it's bollocks really.

Can you be on trial at 2 different clubs at the same time? I've just been on Port Vale forum and they are talking about him playing in a game on the 12th after he played for us on the 10th. Think it's bollocks really.

Don't see why it wouldn't be allowed, he's not under contract.

No it isn't.

He's looking for a job.

It's like having another interview two days later.

I don't mind the idea of strikers on the wing, especially on our narrower pitch.

4-5-1 whilst defending with two strikers on the wing allows the opposite flank to get forward when the ball is on the opposite side of the pitch. Against Newcastle Forte was the better at doing this but when Turner had the ball, Forte was dropping in beside JCH. When Forte had the ball, Turner was. Turning it into a 4-4-2.

I get the idea LJ is much more about ball retention and flooding midfield this season.

It also allows for the potential of turning it into a 4-3-3 very quickly.