No! not the same because Baxter after winning nothing and being skillful is a legend and nobody liked Furman before he left because......

So one was forced out against his will and is still an Oldham fan and the other is Furman.

I'll take your word for it

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got a fee for the loan didn't we?

Why as a club would you let your captain leave on loan near the end of the season for nothing when he could leave for free in a matter of weeks. They paid for the loan which the club accepted and he signed when his contract expired.

I thought that was common knowledge.

He didn't jump ship ffs the club told him go nows and we can have some money.

He didn't play foir nearly half that season due to injury, international call ups, injury and being dropped but yeah he jumped ship.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20130314-furmanm-714638.aspx?pageView=full#anchored

I've never seen anything other than cynical speculation on here to suggest the move was at anything other than the request of the club captain.

If you can find me an alternative authority I'd be more than happy to reconsider.

I bet we let Stephens just go on loan for free as well?

As a club why would we let these players out on loan weeks before their contract was due to expire when they would leave for free? The good of our hearts?

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20130314-furmanm-714638.aspx?pageView=full#anchored

I've never seen anything other than cynical speculation on here to suggest the move was at anything other than the request of the club captain.

If you can find me an alternative authority I'd be more than happy to reconsider.

Did you read the loan was free or did you come to that conclusion yourself? No proof needed for that?

Corney was quoted as saying that the club received no 'immediate fee' which I take to mean that there was a fee linked to Doncaster achieving promotion.

I find this gloating and grinning absolutely bizarre. Decent bloke, did his best, gave a large number of latics fans the best day they've had and yet still people want him to fail and enjoy it when he does.

just bizarre.

I'd agree if he hadn't done all that bull:censored:ting and sniping after he left

We got a fee for the loan didn't we?

Why as a club would you let your captain leave on loan near the end of the season for nothing when he could leave for free in a matter of weeks. They paid for the loan which the club accepted and he signed when his contract expired.

I thought that was common knowledge.

He didn't jump ship ffs the club told him go nows and we can have some money.

He didn't play foir nearly half that season due to injury, international call ups, injury and being dropped but yeah he jumped ship.

Common knowledge is that Furman pushed for the move ahead of his contract expiring otherwise known in my world as jumping ship!

Alternatively to play devils advocate to your note above....what 'club captain' accepts a move on loan when his team mates are in the :censored:? Don't tell me Dickov would have been told not to play the player if he didn't accept given the situation! Furman took the easy option and that's why I'm delighted they are going down.

And from what I have been told / read he is highly likely to be moving again! Not just a one off clearly......

If ever there was a footballer who has a high opinion of himself

I bet we let Stephens just go on loan for free as well?

As a club why would we let these players out on loan weeks before their contract was due to expire when they would leave for free? The good of our hearts?

I'm not saying there was no loan fee. It doesn't mean he didn't try and force his own move away from the side in the bottom four he was captaining.

I don't even think Dickov is as bad a manager as people are suggesting. At Doncaster he's taken one of the smaller clubs in that division down and only on the last day. No surprises there?

At Oldham he took us to a cup Semi-Final and was the manager for one of our greatest results since we were in the Premier League. Whilst League performances were often inconsistent.

He's not brilliant but I wouldn't say he is awful either.

Any footballer in the game today would move to a promotion chasing club with the chance of more money and football at a higher level. I would leave league Oldham for a grand a week more no matter where they are in the league and I love them. In the allowed transfer window obviously.

Furman was club captain who as I said people didn't want playing, was injured most of the time or on international duty.He missed a lot of that season anyway

When is a footballer allowed to leave a club for it to be ok or should I say when can they leave Oldham for it to be OK?

Baring in mind the transfer windows are small nowadays.

Baxter left to earn more money when under contract. Is that OK?

Wes has been offered a contract but may leave to earn a few quid extra, is that ok.?

Sean Gregan was club captain before he was dropped, stripped of the captaincy and eventually released, is that OK?

We cancelled the contract of several players and they are no longer in the game, some of which our fans will have been happy with, is that OK?

There is no jumping ship, its called business and it does not always work in the clubs favour. In this instance I'm betting we got moneymoney for Dean when we could have kept him and then got none and we stayed up. Win win.

Edited by palmer1

Palmer:

SC said at the 1st meet the manager meeting that Furman ha come back from the African Cup of Nations a changed bloke. He, via his agent, forced the move away. A relegation on his CV would not have gone well with his new International pedigree.

Furman came back with a bad attitude, and did not respond well at all to not walking back straight into the side.

SC said it was best for all involved to get him out of the club. Furman wanted it, and with how he behaved; the club did too.

As for Dickov. Shame. Nice chap, pretty poor manager. He should probably look to get a career as a Man City ambassador or something; management isnt for him...

Palmer:

SC said at the 1st meet the manager meeting that Furman ha come back from the African Cup of Nations a changed bloke. He, via his agent, forced the move away. A relegation on his CV would not have gone well with his new International pedigree.

Furman came back with a bad attitude, and did not respond well at all to not walking back straight into the side.

SC said it was best for all involved to get him out of the club. Furman wanted it, and with how he behaved; the club did too.

Its a business Sly as I have stated. He left for a future championship club and more money. Let's not forget who we signed him from for........FREE!!!

Dean Bouzanis, Liam Jacob,Connor Hughes and striker Daniel Taylor, Glenn Belezika all pushed off the ship by the club recently. Kirk Millar and more to follow soon

Why is it only one way with many of our fans?

If a player plays only half of the league fixtures then he can't be considered first choice can he? Should he stay or should he jump to another club where he can play? He didn't play against Liverpool and was Sub against cEverton wasn't he? I know he was in Africa for some of it.

Furman played 26 league games so wasnt first choice so why should he show loyalty to a club thats sees him as replaceable?

Its a business Sly as I have stated. He left for a future championship club and more money. Let's not forget who we signed him from for........FREE!!!

Dean Bouzanis, Liam Jacob,Connor Hughes and striker Daniel Taylor, Glenn Belezika all pushed off the ship by the club recently. Kirk Millar and more to follow soon

Why is it only one way with many of our fans?

If a player plays only half of the league fixtures then he can't be considered first choice can he? Should he stay or should he jump to another club where he can play? He didn't play against Liverpool and was Sub against cEverton wasn't he? I know he was in Africa for some of it.

Furman played 26 league games so wasnt first choice so why should he show loyalty to a club thats sees him as replaceable?

I don't really understand your post, but i think the first bit is meant to mean we got Furman for free and made money on him?

That's not true.

We paid a fee for him as he was under 23; that fee was stated to have been £60K.

We didnt get back that amount from Doncaster.

But, as JSS says, I don't think we're on the same page with this and are not likely to agree...