Campbell-Ryce?

I can't recall a winger in the last decade who wasn't inconsistent.

Lids, perhaps.

Before his legs properly went definitely. Afterwards he had some spells where he'd go a few games in a row mainly being anonymous.

Lids, perhaps.

I remember people wanting Lids dropped for Paul Edwards and Deane Smalley.

Perhaps it's the nature of the beast wingers are the one who can be the players with the most flair and can get you out of your seats. So when they aren't scoring or creating they are not always seen to be doing much perhaps you have to expect 2 games of doing little for the one game where they win you the game with a telling cross or goal.

If we signed Harkins we might over a season have to accept a lot of games where it won't come of for him but that one game he will produce one or 2 pieces of magic that will win you a game.

Edited by GlossopLatic

We'd have had more of a chance had they gone down. As is it, fully expect him to re-sign for them again; as they dont exactly lack financial backing.

Shows though the calibre of player available on potential free transfers.

FWIW, i'd be on the phone to the agent of Danny Hollands today. Out of contract at Charlton this summer; and a midfielder in the 'Johnathan Douglas' mould. A signing that would strengthen us IMO...

Hollands hat trick yesterday, would be a cracking signing for us

Lids, perhaps.

David Eyres was quite consistent providing a regular supply of crosses and chipped in with a few goals