fundraising idea for owtb

I post on another forum for all league one fans, and every year a guy runs a challenge whereby 2 posters have a bet about anything and everything over the course of the season. At the end of the year the loser pays up. Difference being the money always goes to the forum. It does however create a bit of banter throughout the year for posters.

I know owtb is always asking for donations i just thought this might be an idea you could use.

I know your not meant to post links to other forums on here but as its kinda for owtb benefit anyway heres the full link to the page

http://www.thefootballforum.net/index.php?/topic/219507-tff-challenge-201314-now-taking-payments-deadline-300614/?p=5393248

now the guy who runs that particular challenge doesnt do a very good job but im sure someone at owtb towers could do it much better

Using my judgement of players l'll bet Dan Gardner the Chesterfield midfielder will score at least 12 goals in all competitions next season, considering he has been injury prone in the past some may say it's a foolish bet, who will take me on for £10 ?

Edited by BP1960

Christ, even reading that one thread makes me hate the place.

Fun idea though, something to think about over the summer (although I'm worried it'll just lead to more in-fighting!)

I did like this quote from a Tranmere fan:

"I'm pretty sure Oldham won't go down this season. In fact, I'm pretty sure they won't ever go down, or up. Same applies to us."

Wonder if Uncle Ronnie had a bet on that thread?

Christ, even reading that one thread makes me hate the place.

I used to post on The Football Forum. Just about everyone on there, apart from one or two were absolute :censored:ing morons. If you think a bit of squabbling on here about something and nothing is pathetic, it's about a hundred fold on there. In fact, I think I just kept myself in the music forums and even that got so hard to bear I just stopped bothering.

I met a Northampton Town fan through that though who's now a pretty good mate.

Tbh i agree most are pricks but i stay out of the general topics and stick to the oldham matchday threads.

How many Oldham fans are on there? I mean this is the nicest way possible, but why bother? :lol:

I post on another forum for all league one fans, and every year a guy runs a challenge whereby 2 posters have a bet about anything and everything over the course of the season. At the end of the year the loser pays up. Difference being the money always goes to the forum. It does however create a bit of banter throughout the year for posters.liggi

I know owtb is always asking for donations i just thought this might be an idea you could use.

I know your not meant to post links to other forums on here but as its kinda for owtb benefit anyway heres the full link to the page

http://www.thefootballforum.net/index.php?/topic/219507-tff-challenge-201314-now-taking-payments-deadline-300614/?p=5393248

now the guy who runs that particular challenge doesnt do a very good job but im sure someone at owtb towers could do it much better

I think it is quite a good idea Philliggi and think it should be taken up by OWTB.

They will have to pin the thread or such like to avoid it becoming (as this thread has) off-track.

Edited by ChaddySmoker

How many Oldham fans are on there? I mean this is the nicest way possible, but why bother? :lol:

Although i use owtb regularly its sometimes a bit one sided cos we all support latics. I like to get the oppositions opinions about us before hand, and after the match talking about match changing incidents etc. Theres the banter with the tranmere fans as well (oh how i ripped them when they went down)

Ive always used it. Could really do with a more adult medium really of a similar vein but old habits die hard.

As for numbers theres prob 5 or six of us on there.