Matchday experience at B.P

Wasn't there a survey recently that rated us quite highly?

Yes. It was based on volumes of votes and was dramatically enhanced by Liverpool and a Everton fans calling us the best League One ground they had visited.

Edited by opinions4u

Anyone seen this? According to away fans, we're the third-worst away-day in League One - but still better than Leeds... even Rochdale get a much higher rating:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27782311

Will the new stand help - or is there something else lacking at B.P?

Rochdale do have a decent chippy right behind the away stand though!

I think the 3 stands has an affect as it makes us look a bit rubbish however:

'From feedback, distance of travel (44%), time and day of kick-off (42.6%) and ticket prices (40.4%) were the main factors for determining whether or not fans attended an away game.'

We have had plenty of big matches on weeknights, so the time and day of kickoff will go against us and we're not too particularly close to a train station re. distance.

Though the fact we're the longest current member of League 1 may make us a bit less attractive than a newly relegated or promoted club.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Being a supporter who comes from outside of Oldham I have to say it is probably one of the worst grounds to get to by public transport. I think this will be a major factor, I notice Port Vale and Colchester (which are also a nightmare to get to by public transport) are down there too

Being a supporter who comes from outside of Oldham I have to say it is probably one of the worst grounds to get to by public transport. I think this will be a major factor, I notice Port Vale and Colchester (which are also a nightmare to get to by public transport) are down there too

It shouldn't be too difficult by bus as many run past Royal Oldham Hospital and Broadway, the tram stops are probably better located now than the old railway stations.

It shouldn't be too difficult by bus as many run past Royal Oldham Hospital and Broadway, the tram stops are probably better located now than the old railway stations.

It's an hour from the train station. Not many places you can say that about.

I think the 3 stands has an affect as it makes us look a bit rubbish however:

'From feedback, distance of travel (44%), time and day of kick-off (42.6%) and ticket prices (40.4%) were the main factors for determining whether or not fans attended an away game.'

We have had plenty of big matches on weeknights, so the time and day of kickoff will go against us and we're not too particularly close to a train station re. distance.

Though the fact we're the longest current member of League 1 may make us a bit less attractive than a newly relegated or promoted club.

Distance of travel & time and day of kick off are hardly factors we have control over. Despite being at fault for many things the geographical location of BP can not be held against the club, nor can the fixtures generated by the Football League. Price, I'll give you.

What an odd survey, let's pick some arbitrary criteria and then ask people what they think. Might as well mark teams down if they have ever had a player caller Carter play for them.

I only know about the local bus services because I know the local area but would someone coming up from say Gillingham or Swindon know about them?