And all my hope is gone

or Johnny Nash:

There are more questions than answers

Pictures in my mind that will not show

And the more I find out the less I know

Yeah, the more I find out the less I know

:thinking2:

Why doesn't he speak to Latics Player first. That's what we pay for!! More in the Chron these days than on the official site!

Will it be The Beatles:

Do you want to know a secret?

Do you promise not to tell, whoa oh, oh

or The Smiths:

When you say it's gonna happen now

Well, when exactly do you mean?

See, I've already waited too long

And all my hope is gone

or Johnny Nash:

Pictures in my mind that will not show

And the more I find out the less I know

Yeah, the more I find out the less I know

:thinking2:

Stone Roses

Three storey love song

I built this thing for you, oooohhhh...

I could've built it higher

But attendances are poo...

I was thinking have we got an important game this week....?

Yet again, all sensible stuff.

Of course, Korey will be off, but it is a point, we struggled until Chubs shored us up and players were playing for a contract or in view of scouts.

So smith is leaving. Tbh its no great surprise. I rate him highly but as corney says i dont believe he would be that big of a loss. What i mean by that is i dont think losing smith would have the same impact losing wellens did when we lost him.

The dynamic of the team is changing and when that happens you dont need to replace like for.like you play to the teams new strengths. Im sure we will be fine and find someone who can more than do a job. Ive been impressed with the 3 signings so far

Taking a positive from a negative - if he gets a move to a bigger club, especially a Championship one, Johnson can use him, Baxter and Tarkowski to tempt future decent signings - "sign for me for two years on x amount per week, play week in,week out & in a years time you too can get a decent move and bigger money"

A reputation of taking players with potential who could otherwise sit on a Championship bench or reserve side, giving them games, developing them and moving them on to bigger and better things will be a good one to have to both players and agents.

Also, if they do well, bigger clubs will start to come calling and undisclosed £350k's will become undisclosed £1m's

Edited by HarryBosch

So smith is leaving. Tbh its no great surprise. I rate him highly but as corney says i dont believe he would be that big of a loss. What i mean by that is i dont think losing smith would have the same impact losing wellens did when we lost him.

The dynamic of the team is changing and when that happens you dont need to replace like for.like you play to the teams new strengths. Im sure we will be fine and find someone who can more than do a job. Ive been impressed with the 3 signings so far

Completely agree. Time will tell though. But yes, other players we have lost have had a much bigger impact I feel.

PS Phill, can you do your Current squad graphic like last years in the Team so far thread!

I saw "future uncertain" in the link then breathed a sigh of relief when I saw it was Kareful Korey.

He's a good player but it's a no brainer to take decent money for him. Assuming decent money = £500k plus

I would reluctantly agree, assuming that massive exceeds undisclosed as you say £500K +

Taking a positive from a negative - if he gets a move to a bigger club, especially a Championship one, Johnson can use him, Baxter and Tarkowski to tempt future decent signings - "sign for me for two years on x amount per week, play week in,week out & in a years time you too can get a decent move and bigger money"

A reputation of taking players with potential who could otherwise sit on a Championship bench or reserve side, giving them games, developing them and moving them on to bigger and better things will be a good one to have to both players and agents.

Also, if they do well, bigger clubs will start to come calling and undisclosed £350k's will become undisclosed £1m's

I think this is a key selling point of the club to some out of contract premiership youngsters...

Yep, agree with all that.

500k plus for Smith at this stage of his contract is fanciful though.

I'm gobsmacked - no retort to the article suggesting asset stripping, killing the club, grassy knoll or whatever...

I fully agree that we sell this and Tarkowski being sold to prospective new signings - come to Oldham, put in a decent shift, improve whilst succeeding with the club and step up to a bigger club, larger wages etc...

...I just wish Corney had said something as balanced. He's turning into Marvin the Paranoid Android.

Yep, agree with all that.

500k plus for Smith at this stage of his contract is fanciful though.

Agreed. Not sure he's shown enough for someone to offer that. Plus it's now public knowledge we're looking to sell before losing him for nothing. 250k seems more realistic.