Playershare fundraising ideas

Dear all, we are planning some fundraising for the rest of the season and would be keen to get your input/gauge interest from owtb members....so chaps and chapesses....would you be interested in:

A sit down meal/evening with George and Lee Johnson location TBA but similar event to evening with lanzoni last season

Xmas bash for supporters of all ages after a December match

Q&a evening with Lee Johnson and other players similar to the play house last season

Xfactor night suggested by Lee Johnson last season or karaoke as per fan tom o'dea

Every home game, buy a raffle ticket and be entered for a prize draw.

Would you put any loose change in a playershare bucket around the ground?

We are looking also looking at how we include ex pats, oasis fans too. So would you be interested in any of the above and which event(s). Thanks in advance

Edited by underdog

Surely we should be able to get the buckets and raffle tickets going on a regular basis i'm aware these need volunteers and small bit of planning but if managed correctly it could provide a decent regular income, the event ideas mentioned are good but you don't want to be over doing it, 2 or 3 a season would be plenty, loving the idea of a race night

Throwing a few more ideas in here

Pin Badges?

Fanzine?

Wristbands?

Mugs?

Socks?

Keyrings?

Maybe even a webstore selling these items? http://bigcartel.com/signup <- free web store

Edited by OAFCM35

Not sure if you guys have it there or not but football doubles but they have them at the rugby league here in Australia

Basically there are 12 numbers per side (11 starting and the subs) or how many you want (11 starting + 12, 13 etc for order of subs) - home and away.

They are sealed up - so you pay a $1 per "ticket" and you have first scorer home and away.

If you get both ( you dont pick your numbers just a random thing sealed away) you get $100. If no goals the winner would be whoever has #1 (ie the goalkeeper)

Many clubs use that for fundraising for charity but just an idea to toss up from a long way away. :)

Don't like the idea of bucket shaking, save that for local charities, Boundary Blues etc.

Well advertised organised events are the way to go, just make sure they are in Oldham and not Ashton...

Like the idea of a fanzine, don't know how you would tie it in with Playershare though.

Hi Underdog

I have ran a quiz night for work for the last 10 years which has stopped now, I will gladly have a bi-monthly quiz on a school night and help source a local venue. The format of the quiz and the entry fee is good and encourages attendance.

Fanzine.

Takes a lot of time and effort to run, but it would be a regular income stream, provide important advertising for the scheme and something that fans actually want. Would be brilliant for Playershare.

Edited by NewBlue

Fanzine.

Takes a lot of time and effort to run, but it would be a regular income stream, provide important advertising for the scheme and something that fans actually want. Would be brilliant for Playershare.

This.

The fanzine doesn't have to be 100% all about PlayerShare, it should keep us up to date with what's going with PlayerShare but the rest of it could be all filled with other topics match reviews, season progress reports, travel advice for up coming away games, emails for the readers etc

Thanks guys for the feedback so far.

Looking at organising one two events before Xmas and another one after.

We did a race night at the rifle range a few season ago so we could do it again, fanzine was suggested I think at the end of last season by Zorro/Stevie J but I think there was not enough interest shown to be a goer

Like the idea of a quiz night, venue TBA shame the new stand isn't open as we could use that...hehe

Football doubles..not heard of that one, will need looking at

Pin badges have been sourced and paid for by Lags and you should get one when you join the DD scheme. Other items cost and we do not use playershare funding for any costing. It comes from the pockets in general, from the committee as its part of our guarantee - every penny goes in

Buckets were a thought to collect lose change just to boost the kitty - pennies into pounds, pounds in to players.

Lags suggested at games that you stick in £1.00, you get a raffle ticket and you get put forward for a prize draw...is this a better alternative to the shaking of buckets?

Come on more brain storming needed....hehe

Buckets look like desperation to me.

Fanzines sound great in theory but two problems - as far as I'm concerned the internet killed hard copy versiosn pretty much stone dead andthere is also a potential problem in that they naturally tend to attract the critics (either vitriolic or tongue in cheek). I can't imagine they would help to harmonise the relationship with the club which is obviously a significant factor in this context.

Buckets are for charity or emergency only. Anyway it's better if people get something for the donation even if it's nominal. At Prescot Cables you can sponsor a square of the pitch for the season, all it costs is a bit of card to put up in the bar.

players versus fans pub league type night

four or five players come along & play darts pool crib etc against a four or five fans/owtb members team tater pie supper etc

spectators etc £5 on the door

raffle team card etc ????

players versus fans pub league type night

four or five players come along & play darts pool crib etc against a four or five fans/owtb members team tater pie supper etc

spectators etc £5 on the door

raffle team card etc ????

I like this. With a pub quiz too. But more than 4/5.

I like this. With a pub quiz too. But more than 4/5.

team of current players and staff team of explayers and staff team from owtb ?

question of sport type quiz again with current and ex players or how about tics v roughyeds pub sports night lots of different ways it can be done

team of current players and staff team of explayers and staff team from owtb ?

question of sport type quiz again with current and ex players or how about tics v roughyeds pub sports night lots of different ways it can be done

You bring your team and get one player joining you. Could have bidding for stars although it could lead to hurt feelings.

How about turnstile and ticket office staff ask everybody who pays on the day or buys a ticket if they would like to donate a pound out of their change from the ticket to Playershare.

Also how about a balloon race once a season. You sell tickets at £2 a go attach them all to balloons and release them before a match. The winner is the person thats ticket is sent back from the furthest location. I have all the stuff needed for a balloon release and would be happy to do one or two a year. Each balloon released cost around 25p so £1.75 profit from each one sold.

Thanks chaps, some excellent ideas on here that I will be raising at the next meet.

Pub quiz sounds good with players and balloons too.

Some great ideas there. If the posters who offered help with the quiz and balloon race could pm me i'd appreciate it.

We are looking at an xmas party after the yeovil game. We are waiting on club approval for the team to come down. This will incorporate your pub games.