fantastic result

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On GMR whilst accepting the result, Keith Hill mentioned that Dale had a "stone wall" penalty before we went 2-0 up. I don't recall anything - anyone else?

I think it was an incident from a corner. I didn't think anything of it at the time and there didn't seem to be many appeals.

Is this the biggest away win I've ever see Latics get?

Missed Shrewbury and Mansfield last season. Didn't go to Crewe when we won 4-1 there.

Need to give it some thought.

EDIT: Matches a 3-0 Boxing Day win at Crewe. 4-3 at Stevenage is the most away goals I've seen us score.

Edited by opinions4u

This those with Latics Player can see the shirt-pull that was going on for ages and was worsened in the box. Definite foul; definite penalty

and possibly lucky not to be a red card.

But if the tugging started outside the box then that was when the foul occurred so free kick rather than penalty?

Not that I'm complaining !

But if the tugging started outside the box then that was when the foul occurred so free kick rather than penalty?

Not that I'm complaining !

They changed the interpretation of the law a few years ago.

If the fouling continues into the box it's a penalty.

Edited by opinions4u

Definitely a penalty. By sheer luck my view was totally focussed on it. As Philly went past him the defender took a fistful of shirt and gave him a sharp tug (the shirt that is). Only a fraction of a second but the handful of shirt was at least 12inches away from Philly's back. It was a brief but illegal attempt to slow him down. Only the goalie disputed the pen because he only saw Philly going down without contact and not the shirt pull.

The only reason I can think of for Philly going flat on his face is the propulsion effect of his shirt being let go under pressure.

In any event, what a cracking win.

Edited by mikeroyboy

Did anyone else witness the fella trying to start Zigga Zagga off but just saying it quickly instead of shouting/singing it? Hilarious. He kept looking around as if to say "Why isn't anyone joining in with me!?"

Which side of the stand, it may have been me, although people joined in mine.