This smacks of Barry Owen trying to prove his worth he is the rotten apple and should be thrown out asap. Anyone who thinks signing ched is a good idea are extremley foolish. If for one minute we buy into their thinking why give him a short contract as reported what is the point In taking the abuse flak and upsetting our own.Football has no morals but the folk paying their hard earned do latics will do well to remember that.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there is/has been a u-turn then let's not be hearing anything about how they've listened to the supporters concerns etc, that really would be taking the piss.

They have listened to supporters in the past though, didn't some managers go as a result?

Edited by BP1960

If nobody from the club is available for comment who is telling the press they are reconsidering things.

I wasn't aware we had told the press we had even considered things in the first place.

All things considered its been a right royal :censored: up whatever happens.

Why should it? And the fact is it doesnt. How do you suggest he rehabilitates himself? Is he not allowed to try and rebuild his life?

Of course he is. But not as a footballer, a position of privalige where youngsters look up to you. What would Ched Evans do when he finishes his playing career? An agent? Run a business he's built with the wealth he's accrued? He can just bring that forward ten years or so and get on with it IMO.

If nobody from the club is available for comment who is telling the press they are reconsidering things.

I wasn't aware we had told the press we had even considered things in the first place.

It would be an embargoed press release.

Though originally the leak came from that clown Graham Taylor.

Would be interesting if any media types can confirm there is an embargoed press release.

All the wording, thought to be, anticpated smacks of embargoed press release.

Its amazing the media haven't had any quotes from Evans advisors yet.

A cluster:censored: of the highest order.

Off to bed now, 1st day back to work tomorrow.

Here's hoping tomorrow brings a U-turn decision on this whole sorry mess of a decision and we can focus all of our energy into bringing about a change in the Trust, in our 'fans rep' and other such issues this whole thundercunt of a mess has brought back to the surface again.

No. You said it should apply to football. I'm saying no it shouldn't

No, I didn't. FMS did. But I see what you're saying. I don't agree, but it's a fair question. So I'll stay out of that debate.

Edited by Crusoe

Not complaining that the club are reconsidering finally but it's still farcical, isn't it? If this is true - bear in mind this is the Daily Mail - then the club appear to be surprised about negative publicity and reaction.

When there was a 160,000 strong petition against him signing for Sheffield, and a negative few days when between us being linked to Evans and us repudiating any rumour of us being interested in him, did they have the blinkers on?

Doesn't surprise me when our fans rep gives absolutely no :censored: about any fan opinion.

Edited by NewBlue

No, it just means more people who's opinion is the polar opposite to mine have logged on and decided to vote and clicked Yes. Not that people are changing votes and 'coming round to the idea'

Last month I chose 'no' but a couple of hours ago I removed my vote and changed it to 'yes' as I realised I was being a NIMBY.

Last month they came out and distanced themselves so why then hold further talks a month later and like indecisive?

The damage is already done, the club already look daft, bite the bullet and get him signed in my opinion.

No. You said it should apply to football. I'm saying no it shouldn't

A lot of footballers do community work. Visit sick kids in hospital. Visit schools. Requires a CRB check? He'd fail that one....

Not complaining that the club are reconsidering finally but it's still farcical, isn't it? If this is true - bear in mind this is the Daily Mail - then the club appear to be surprised about negative publicity and reaction.

When there was a 160,000 strong petition against him signing for Sheffield, and a negative few days when between us being linked to Evans and us repudiating any rumour of us being interested in him, did they have the blinkers on?

Doesn't surprise me when our fans rep gives absolutely no :censored: about any fan opinion.

It might be the Daily Mail, but its Mike Keegan and I bet he still has close contacts to OAFC.

A cluster:censored: of the highest order.

Off to bed now, 1st day back to work tomorrow.

Here's hoping tomorrow brings a U-turn decision on this whole sorry mess of a decision and we can focus all of our energy into bringing about a change in the Trust, in our 'fans rep' and other such issues this whole thundercunt of a mess has brought back to the surface again.

Forget Evans, bring in that hot shot young striker from Southampton befores someone else snaps him up.

Last month I chose 'no' but a couple of hours ago I removed my vote and changed it to 'yes' as I realised I was being a NIMBY.

Last month they came out and distanced themselves so why then hold further talks a month later and like indecisive?

The damage is already done, the club already look daft, bite the bullet and get him signed in my opinion.

can't believe I'm saying this but I agree, even if we pull out now the clubs name will be tarred.

Absolute incompetence on every conceivable level - right down to the media silence that has been our response to these (presumably) pretty accurate reports.

The likes of Dexter Blackstock refused to go to the Blades due to their interest, and their season stalled whilst this cloud temporarily engulphed them. I suspect there is more to our poor form than this alone, but the timing of the months due diligence and substandard performances fit.

Why you would voluntarily put yourself in a mess of this nature is beyond me. By splitting an already depleted fanbase, you destroy all the pride that had built in our teams early season performances under a young passionate manager.

I don't overly care what others think of us - I care greatly about what we think of ourselves.

Its a complete disgrace - Why did it have to be us????