The silence from the club is deafening. Even the fishal hasn't had anything new since 16:30 last Friday. Surely to God, they should be able to make a statement by now.

Just say Yea or Nay and let those who want to continue going, go, and those who don't, don't.

Easy really because the longer it goes on, the more stupid we will look.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The silence from the club is deafening. Even the fishal hasn't had anything new since 16:30 last Friday. Surely to God, they should be able to make a statement by now.

Just say Yea or Nay and let those who want to continue going, go, and those who don't, don't.

Not that simple if (and I can't stress enough that this is pure speculation!) the deal was signed before we decided we didn't want him... if we had a conference due on Monday as early as Friday the deal was likely done then I expect...?

Peoole forgetting hughes left 2 people for dead.

They don't forget.

We just seem to currently live in a world where an alleged rape consisting of "was she too drunk or wasn't she too drunk to consent" is considered more unforgivable than operating a powerful and incredibly dangerous machine under the influence of drugs and fleeing the scene of the crime with no thought to the soon to be dead victims.

Edited by PhilStarbucksSilkySkills

Finding the player of the month for december will be a challenge in fairness!!!

I was going to say nothing could make us look more stupid than we do now, but I've been following Latics for over 40 years so I should know better.

I personally feel that what hughes did once he hit that car is far worse than what evans is supposed to have done. Some are suggesting hughes was ok as it was just drinking driving. He'll have seen those bodies and run off. Far worse.

Exactly my thoughts.

Unfortunately Crusoe it is a case of who lied because Ched argues that the lady gave consent whereas she says she can't remember anything and therefore CPS argued that she was incapable of giving consent. Her lie, and I'm not making a judgement on this post, is that she couldn't remember anything. Being drunk doesn't stop you giving consent it is only when you are so drunk and incapable, basically unable to partake or respond, that consent is considered impossible.

Longer this goes on the more likely it is that we will sign him. I'm beginning to think that a lot of the "He's shown no remorse" is going to be addressed and we may see a confessional as well as a confirmation of signing.

The amount and scale of flack has shown that which ever clubs he ends up at it is going to be nasty and hit them in the coffers, I fear that we might be saying "We've gone this far, might as well go all in" and that Ched is realising that we are the only mugs who will touch him and between them they are working on an a way to address a lot of the concerns that people have raised.

Tomorrow could be very eye opening.

Longer this goes on the more likely it is that we will sign him. I'm beginning to think that a lot of the "He's shown no remorse" is going to be addressed and we may see a confessional as well as a confirmation of signing.

The amount and scale of flack has shown that which ever clubs he ends up at it is going to be nasty and hit them in the coffers, I fear that we might be saying "We've gone this far, might as well go all in" and that Ched is realising that we are the only mugs who will touch him and between them they are working on an a way to address a lot of the concerns that people have raised.

Tomorrow could be very eye opening.

If he signs how will his new team mates react, I wonder?

I'm starting to think the same as beag.....if the board are still in lock down at latics, they must be looking at all the outcomes pros/cons.

I know they say no news is good news but...

They also say no publicity is bad publicity...

If he signs how will his new team mates react, I wonder?

I can't see any confessional - I would imagine his legal team and "father in law" having stumped up cash being slightly peeved if he threw his hand in purely to sign for Oldham Athletic - and, his character would further be tarnished as it would be seen as "you admitted cos you had too" and that would be right

...if we had a conference due on Monday as early as Friday the deal was likely done then I expect...?

Discussion at work with a colleague along these lines.

If we were planning on having a Press Conference to inveil this morning its plausible that the actual paperwork had already been signed last week.

Oldham Atheltic: "We've had a change of heart and would like to cancel the contract we both signed on Friday"

Ched Evans agent: "OK. But we expect you pay the contract in full. 2.5 years please"

Oldham Athletic: "errm......"

Could be that we are either spending the time negotiating a settlement to get out of this. Could see us paying for a striker for the next two seasons and getting no appearances from him.

Agree with that baeg, I think we would look even more stupid as a club if we didn't sign him.the :censored:s already hit the fan so the club has nothing to loose..

Ok some fans won't attend but with the crowds we get would it make a massive difference? ??

Verlin won't fix the guttering(most of our sponsors go bust anyway)

And we can't hold a bingo night at mecca in oldham town centre

I can't see any confessional - I would imagine his legal team and "father in law" having stumped up cash being slightly peeved if he threw his hand in purely to sign for Oldham Athletic - and, his character would further be tarnished as it would be seen as "you admitted cos you had too" and that would be right

There was an earlier post that documented how CE could come across as humble and sorry, but not admit guilt.

Discussion at work with a colleague along these lines.

If we were planning on having a Press Conference to inveil this morning its plausible that the actual paperwork had already been signed last week.

Oldham Atheltic: "We've had a change of heart and would like to cancel the contract we both signed on Friday"

Ched Evans agent: "OK. But we expect you pay the contract in full. 2.5 years please"

Oldham Athletic: "errm......"

Could be that we are either spending the time negotiating a settlement to get out of this. Could see us paying for a striker for the next two seasons and getting no appearances from him.

You mean like some we have now