Playershare should form a view. My view is this: suspend any payments to the club if we sign Evans. Otherwise, Playershare is indirectly funding him. All those in favour?

Harsh....but interesting thought.

The manager can only request the funds from playershare, are you withdrawing your support of our manager?

We have funded one player this season which is George. George is popular, as was kuqi goals who kept us up that season and evina sale that gave the club some money too.

Please consider withdrawl of your support I'm not saying it will but it could have a potential impact on us funding not only George for the rest of the season but any other possibles we could help our club with.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine any contract being offered would have have more clauses than a Father Christmas convention - perhaps another reason for delay.

Personally, if he does end up signing, I think the long term ramifications will far outstrip any short term benefits. The club should steer clear.

A short term deal would mean due to lack of fitness we wont see much of him anyway..and if he does score goals this season his agent will find him another club when the contract is up and we get nothing..on top of all the controversy its a waste of time and money.

A short term deal would mean due to lack of fitness we wont see much of him anyway..and if he does score goals this season his agent will find him another club when the contract is up and we get nothing..on top of all the controversy its a waste of time and money.

I think if he did sign a short term deal there would be an extension clause in which we have full say, probably including some sort of a pay rise too. There's no way after all this we would let him sign then do one in Summer for nothing if he played well.

How do you know it isn't a long term deal?

Harsh....but interesting thought.

The manager can only request the funds from playershare, are you withdrawing your support of our manager?

We have funded one player this season which is George. George is popular, as was kuqi goals who kept us up that season and evina sale that gave the club some money too.

Please consider withdrawl of your support I'm not saying it will but it could have a potential impact on us funding not only George for the rest of the season but any other possibles we could help our club with.

I'd prefer if we withdrew en masse and made a statement to the effect of: "We're not indirectly supporting a rapist, so shove it." If we don't forward any cash for the duration of Evans's stay, I'll continue to contribute ready for the day when he leaves.

As for Johnson...I like Johnson, but it's highly contingent. If he supports this signing, I am against him. If he doesn't support this signing and we do it anyway, he should resign. If he doesn't resign, I take that as support. Hard times.

I'm starting to come round to the opinion that if we've entered into a deal already we should just move forward and stick to it.

The backlash will be fierce until it blows over (which it will), but ultimately the guy has served his sentence in the eyes of the law and has the right to return to his trade. And what good are rights if they don't protect someone when they need them the most. If the system doesn't work for one person, it doesn't work for anyone.

I'd have steered well clear of signing him before all this, but if we've commited to a decision, then we should stick to it and hope that it works out.

I guess I'd be more pissed off if we're going to be paying him off for absolutely naff all. Tell him he's got something to prove and a lot of people to win over and hopefully he does the business for us, keeps his nose clean and it'll blow over barring chants from away fans for 90 minutes a week, but as a professional he'll have to learn to deal with that himself.

Edited by PlayItLivo

Yes used one of underdogs among others.

BP is right AckeyI think it was page one of this original thread, myself, lags and fruit were quote.

Has opened my eyes on how social media and news reporting works.

I'm on my own sensorship from now on

I'd prefer if we withdrew en masse and made a statement to the effect of: "We're not indirectly supporting a rapist, so shove it." If we don't forward any cash for the duration of Evans's stay, I'll continue to contribute ready for the day when he leaves.

As for Johnson...I like Johnson, but it's highly contingent. If he supports this signing, I am against him. If he doesn't support this signing and we do it anyway, he should resign. If he doesn't resign, I take that as support. Hard times.

LJ is a manager he's paid to manage his staff like them or not, this applies just as much as in an office or on the factory floor.

LJ is a manager he's paid to manage his staff like them or not, this applies just as much as in an office or on the factory floor.

The vast, vast majority of managers choose the staff that they manage. There's a damn good reason why.

I'm starting to come round to the opinion that if we've entered into a deal already we should just move forward and stick to it.

The backlash will be fierce until it blows over (which it will), but ultimately the guy has served his sentence in the eyes of the law and has the right to return to his trade. And what good are rights if they don't protect someone when they need them them the most. If the system doesn't work for one person, it doesn't work for anyone

I'd have steered well clear of signing him before all this, but if we've commited to a decision, then we should stick to it and hope that it works out.

I guess I'd be more pissed off if we're going to be paying him off for absolutely naff all. Tell him he's got something to prove and a lot of people to win over and hopefully he does the business for us, keeps his nose clean and it'll blow over barring chants from away fans for 90 minutes a week, but as a professional he'll have to learn to deal with that himself.

Which may have been the club's plan?

I'm still against it, no matter how much time passes and how much I "get used to it", the idea that we, Oldham Athletic Football Club entertained the idea of signing Ched Evans is disgusting to me. This was how I felt yesterday, today and will be how I feel tomorrow and the days after.

I don't want a camera shoving in my face by media carrion on Saturday asking how I feel about the signing of Ched Evans as this club is once again made a media circus. I've had enough of that :censored: after Flag-gate and Hughes. The club that I started supporting as a small boy, financially supporting as an adolescent and continue to financially support as an adult, (they've had about £430 out of me - Season ticket, car park ticket and Latics World) have no right to make me feel the way I do about this club now.

I can put up with the 4-0s, 0-7s the abject performances on cold wet Tuesday nights but I can not tolerate having my club dragged through the mud yet again for the umpteenth time. Corney, Owen, whoever is responsible for this has dropped an almighty one this time. There current VW TV campaign is very fitting at this time, father and son thinking of going shark cage diving, one company looks professional but expensive, the other cheap and nasty. Just because something looks like a bargain doesn't turn out that way.

Edited by beag_teeets

BP is right AckeyI think it was page one of this original thread, myself, lags and fruit were quote.

Has opened my eyes on how social media and news reporting works.

I'm on my own sensorship from now on

That was MEN not the Mail. I think yours (Underdog) in both

But in reality makes no sense at all if it was accepted and he then could move again in summer that would be a really thick decision.....Oh hang on you are more than likely correct this is the farce squad..... Our budget is screwed.

You are right nothing makes sense at this club anymore, we had Etheridge who we could have signed with a sell on clause yet get nothing for a keeper now playing in the Championship.

I've stayed quiet on here since hubby woke me up yesterday morning to the joyful news this has reared its very ugly head again.

I don't want him at my club. My reasons for that have been posted several times by others. I was outraged and all ready to take my season ticket home and not go again while he was at the club, if this was all confirmed today.

Now I'm not outraged. I feel sad. I cannot comprehend the level of absolute naivety/stupidity/greed/arrogance from the club that has got us into this mess and given me and other opposers a decision to make.

I'm now thinking the club is not what I thought it was. I feel hoodwinked. And ashamed. I can't believe how disconnected I feel from the club after what's gone on over the last 30-odd hours, and I can't believe how badly wrong the club have judged the effect on its fanbase and the wider perception of the club. Whatever happens now, it might be hard to return at all.

I've stayed quiet on here since hubby woke me up yesterday morning to the joyful news this has reared its very ugly head again.

I don't want him at my club. My reasons for that have been posted several times by others. I was outraged and all ready to take my season ticket home and not go again while he was at the club, if this was all confirmed today.

Now I'm not outraged. I feel sad. I cannot comprehend the level of absolute naivety/stupidity/greed/arrogance from the club that has got us into this mess and given me and other opposers a decision to make.

I'm now thinking the club is not what I thought it was. I feel hoodwinked. And ashamed. I can't believe how disconnected I feel from the club after what's gone on over the last 30-odd hours, and I can't believe how badly wrong the club have judged the effect on its fanbase and the wider perception of the club. Whatever happens now, it might be hard to return at all.

I feel very, very sad for all the people in this position.