Kenny back at Bolton

I think it's a 'groin strain of convenience' so that his copybook isn't sullied any more than it needs to be if he's to try and get fixed up elsewhere in January.

The obvious problem now is that Chubs returns due to Kenny's failings rather than having to play his way back in after what some saw as 'iffy' moments on long range shots and passing. I personally don't think he messed up enough to be replaced - he was just a League One keeper having a couple of League One moments. Outside of that, his general style was important to how we played overall but I know some saw it differently.

With the benefit of hindsight, keeping Etheridge would probably have been the better option as he would have at least brought athleticism and it's a shame that Coleman is only just returning to training as this could have been his chance for a couple of games.

I think it's a 'groin strain of convenience' so that his copybook isn't sullied any more than it needs to be if he's to try and get fixed up elsewhere in January.

The obvious problem now is that Chubs returns due to Kenny's failings rather than having to play his way back in after what some saw as 'iffy' moments on long range shots and passing. I personally don't think he messed up enough to be replaced - he was just a League One keeper having a couple of League One moments. Outside of that, his general style was important to how we played overall but I know some saw it differently.

With the benefit of hindsight, keeping Etheridge would probably have been the better option as he would have at least brought athleticism and it's a shame that Coleman is only just returning to training as this could have been his chance for a couple of games.

The youth keeper Tyson is promising and stands about 6' 6" too.

With no youth games coming up, he'll be on the bench for the next two games but beyond that I'm sure he'll want to build up more minutes on the pitch with the youth team after being injured earlier this season. The next one up after him, Chris Renshaw, is decent as well. All being well, I fancy that Coleman will make a breakthrough in the next year or so.

A cyborg made out of Zoff, Banks, Yashin and Stallone in Escape to Victory wouldn't have done much better in recent games with the red sea defence we have been playing.

But being able to blame Kenny and send him back early may work in our favour, good management technique would be to repair morale by Johnson holding his hands up with the players, saying he made a mistake bringing Kenny in and putting Chubs back in nets. This also absolves the defence for their abject shows and wipes the slate clean.

Of course, if they turn up like the sack of :censored:e they have done recently then they aren't worth paying in washers.

I don't think a club the size of Latics needs two senior keepers. Have one; use him every game; stick a youngster on the bench; in the event of injury/suspension to first-choice, bring in a loanee.

Kenny was signed on loan transfer deadline day wasn't he? Whilst I know you can bring in a keeper on loan after the deadline, I doubt it would be allowed if we have several youth team goalkeepers waiting in the wings who have already been on the bench.

all this talk of promising youth keepers, who was our last youth keeper to come through the ranks and have a sustained spell in the first team? ive been watching for about 14 years now and can't recall one, only brief cameos never a permanent first choice?!

Edited by kieranmcandrew

all this talk of promising youth keepers, who was our last youth keeper to come through the ranks and have a sustained spell in the first team? ive been watching for about 14 years now and can't recall one, only brief cameos never a permanent first choice?!

Arguably our best GK ever, and current GK coach at Donny. Ooh Aah Paul Gerrard.

Stallone shipped 4 in one half with a very strong Ipswich back 4 in front of him.

...but my mind wasn't it - I had my bird and her son watching from the stands; and some mates digging me an escape tunnel under the dressing room too. I was pretty distracted to be fair.

I prefer to remember the penalty save...

...but my mind wasn't it - I had my bird and her son watching from the stands; and some mates digging me an escape tunnel under the dressing room too. I was pretty distracted to be fair.

I prefer to remember the penalty save...

You should have played in goal against Doncaster;

What does he look like? Saw the players returning from training this morning and there was one who I didn't recognise.

He was over 6ft and resembled that bilel mohsni.....with the haircut tied in a bun.