Barry Owen

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fancy standing for Chairman real ?

I think you would be good at it...

Not in the slightest. It's not something I'd want, and I think anyone aspiring to take it on would find many barriers put in their way. i also think that the way the trust has been run over the past decade or so has degraded it into a pointless vehicle. Restoring said vehicle into something worthwhile is probably pointless.

I'd suggest mothballing it for at least a year with a token holding ownership of the 3%; Then a full new trust launch with a completely open set of elections for all posts with a clean slate. I doubt anyone would miss the trust if it wasn't there for 12 months.

Not in the slightest. It's not something I'd want, and I think anyone aspiring to take it on would find many barriers put in their way. i also think that the way the trust has been run over the past decade or so has degraded it into a pointless vehicle. Restoring said vehicle into something worthwhile is probably pointless.

I'd suggest mothballing it for at least a year with a token holding ownership of the 3%; Then a full new trust launch with a completely open set of elections for all posts with a clean slate. I doubt anyone would miss the trust if it wasn't there for 12 months.

Don't worry Real. you'll not be the only one who wants a change but doesn't want to be the one to do it.

I'll agree with you about one thing, it's a bloody hard job.

I can't wait.....I mine I really can't wait for some of the critics on here to try it.

Edited by Lags

There are people (on here) who could definitely make it work, it would need a lot of time and effort and this is where we are going to struggle. Juggling a day job, family life, and god knows what else, and then trying to justify to the other half why she isn't getting any attention from you.

There are people (on here) who could definitely make it work, it would need a lot of time and effort and this is where we are going to struggle. Juggling a day job, family life, and god knows what else, and then trying to justify to the other half why she isn't getting any attention from you.

The very reason those in situ now get slatted for not having this done on the website, not doing this not doing that....

Come on, lets be having the volunteers........

It will be fun slowly watching OWTB turn on them too

Of course there are, as you rightly point out - it needs a lot of commitment so unfortunately it can really only be appealing to those with a decent pension. However, once in place the experience, strength, and vision is recruited around them, it could be a golden era for the fans.

Agreed

Of course there are, as you rightly point out - it needs a lot of commitment so unfortunately it can really only be appealing to those with a decent pension. However, once in place the experience, strength, and vision is recruited around them, it could be a golden era for the fans.

Sounds good.....now get it sorted. I like the comfort and warmth of the golden era for the fans, I am one.

This one of the things the Trust did which I didn't agree with...

The trust shouldn't be providing a full time free employee for the club... We simply need a fan on the board, watching what is going on and providing a vocal input. They can then keep the fans informed of what is going on internally (within reason) and gauge and present opinions.

The trust shouldn't be providing a full time free employee for the club... We simply need a fan on the board, watching what is going on and providing a vocal input. They can then keep the fans informed of what is going on internally (within reason) and gauge and present opinions.

Interesting point, perhaps you're right - perhaps that's the problem.

Interesting point, perhaps you're right - perhaps that's the problem.

The clue was always in the title.... Fan on the board...

Barry made it into a position only he could do (well a retired person) and then convinced a lot of people of that point that only he could do it... Had so many arguments on the very point...

It was NEVER meant to be a full time role... Anyone with some spare evenings and weekends should be able to do the job..

Edited by oafc0000

Yes the (within reason) will see the next Chairman hounded by it's members or hounded out the boardroom for leaks.

Looking forward to the brave one......up to now they're all bailing. Someone will stand up soon mind. Cant wait.

The clue was always in the title.... Fan on the board...

Barry made it into a position only he could do (well a retired person) and then convinced a lot of people of that point that only he could do it... Had so many arguments on the very point...

It was NEVER meant to be a full time role... Anyone with some spare evenings and weekends should be able to do the job..

So that's where Barry's gone wrong...............all the big decision being made in the evenings and weekends!!!

REALLY!!!!!

Yes the (within reason) will see the next Chairman hounded by it's members or hounded out the boardroom for leaks.

Looking forward to the brave one......up to now they're all bailing. Someone will stand up soon mind. Cant wait.

So from that 1st part you are saying it is an impossible job to take on.

So from that 1st part you are saying it is an impossible job to take on.

Quite possibly..........................................unless the members accept some stuff cannot be cascaded down.

Then the accusations start to fly......then you get distrust in the Chair.....then the Chair gets insulted......then the Chair hits back.....

Then you get to this point........

Lags

Have you ever been a director or an executive director and sat on board meetings ?

I think you might be ignorant to what is involved to make a valid contribution..... With the greatest of respect...

With the greatest respect back...........I run my own company.

Successfully I may add....not bad for a dummy.

With the greatest respect back...........I run my own company.

Successfully I may add....not bad for a dummy.

Does you company have a board of directors ? Then in that case I am amazed at your stance if I am understanding it correctly...

I don't think you are dummy... I never said that...

Edited by oafc0000