How Do Oldham Athletic Fc Move On From This?

How does the club, its fans, the board, the staff, the playing staff and LJ and his management team move on from this? What can be done?

We have lost sponsors in Verlin, Zen Office, Nandos etc!

The team mentality must have been affected and its up to LJ and his team to sort this.

We have been plastered left right and centre with criticism, 'what if's', are they or aren't they.

A nice statement on Rape, and a donation to a charity which deals to Rape and Sexual Assault victims would also be a nice tribute.

Statement needs to be given by a senior board member and how the club plans on re structuring the remains (if any) of its 'family club' image.

We can now rejoice and end the working week with a smile whilst looking forward to Saturday.

Its going to take a while for this to die down yet.

I think this has been an exhausting week for everyone involved. The club will take time to recover,

I hope anyone who has made threats to those involved at the club gets brought before the law and the correct justice is served out.

As someone who was wholeheartedly against the signing I respect the views of those who were for the signing of Evans indeed I believe many of them made some extremely valid points. I hope none of them feel that this has killed off their support of OAFC.

When you compare some of the stuff that has been put on facebook and twitter I think the debate on here has been very good overall well done to the mods it must have been an exhausting week for you guys.

We always need to look for new players to improve the team Evans could well have pushed the team forward to the play offs, He should concentrate on trying to clear his name before considering resuming his football career. Their does not seem to be proper closure on that case yet and I think until then the public won't be prepared to consider forgiving him.

I think long term by not signing him we have done the right thing, but by taking it this far then we have done ourselves unnecessary damage.

Their is a game Saturday that would be a good time to start the recovery.

First thing is the true fans who were split over the signing need to end their differences and come together for the good of OUR club this will be easier said than done and Saturday could be tough.

In over 30 years watching Latics I think the Donny game is one of the most important in terms team performance and result that I'll have experienced.

As for the sponsors the jokers that are Nandos and Mecca bingo I certainly wouldn't have them back.

Edited by Main Stand Banter

Win two games on the bounce and get into the Play-offs would be a massive way of helping everyone move on.

A couple of signings on the load market to replace those lost - easier to achieve without Ched as well I'd guess.

And fianlly, time. It heals don't you know.

Its going to take a while for this to die down yet.

I think this has been an exhausting week for everyone involved. The club will take time to recover,

I hope anyone who has made threats to those involved at the club gets brought before the law and the correct justice is served out.

As someone who was wholeheartedly against the signing I respect the views of those who were for the signing of Evans indeed I believe many of them made some extremely valid points. I hope none of them feel that this has killed off their support of OAFC.

When you compare some of the stuff that has been put on facebook and twitter I think the debate on here has been very good overall well done to the mods it must have been an exhausting week for you guys.

We always need to look for new players to improve the team Evans could well have pushed the team forward to the play offs, He should concentrate on trying to clear his name before considering resuming his football career. Their does not seem to be proper closure on that case yet and I think until then the public won't be prepared to consider forgiving him.

I think long term by not signing him we have done the right thing, but by taking it this far then we have done ourselves unnecessary damage.

Their is a game Saturday that would be a good time to start the recovery.

Really excellent post.

OWTB has a long history of debating the tough topics very well.

In the main, on I have not felt I have had a problem with anoyone I have argued with, and I hope it is the same back.

Bit different on Twitter, but I am sure that reflects the OWTB and also wider society.

How we all go back to being on the same side is anyone guess.