Oldham 2 Doncaster 2

Horrible week comes to a horrible end

Play offs are a dream with this team, sadly they just don't know how to win games

OK a few have said that and we have dropped a few points but....

Donny's first goal is a foul 99.9% of the time. Just watching Match of the day and have seen far lighter challenges given as fouls. Burnley on Rob Green for example. Rachubka was soft maybe but it was a foul.

Ref does his job and we win the game. We deserved to win and red card aside we should have done but for shocking decisions.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK a few have said that and we have dropped a few points but....

Donny's first goal is a foul 99.9% of the time. Just watching Match of the day and have seen far lighter challenges given as fouls. Burnley on Rob Green for example. Rachubka was soft maybe but it was a foul.

Ref does his job and we win the game. We deserved to win and red card aside we should have done but for shocking decisions.

I was going to say exactly the same after watching MOTD. I was sat in the RRE and the Ref ran towards us as the ball crept over the line and I swear I could hear his brain ticking-he looked totally frozen by having to make a decision

Football League Show makes their first goal look less dubious.

Doubt about whether it was a foul, no dount that it was once again sub standard goalkeeping. New keeper please, LJ.

I didn't feel compelled to be appalled at the time simply because Brian Wilson is there and should clear it. Instead he just falls over and does nothing. Having seen a replay now aswell, why does James Wilson simply step out of the way to let the guy challenge Chubs??? Bizarre all round.

Another thing I haven't seen mentioned (unless I've missed it) but why wasn't a sub made as soon as Mills walks? We are 2-0 up...as soon as a defender sees red you act. Instead we wait until they score? And Ibehere was out on his arse...we had a sub left and never used it.

Regards the ref...well he has rewritten the rules of the game today! Yes, it was a red card but nothing was being given...if that Donny player doesn't slam Mills as he runs off the red card never gets shown. And as mentioned, that play on for their offside in the 94th minute is nowt but cheating. Sooner they promote Boyeson to the Prem, the better!!!

Anybody sat in the Rochdale Road end with a view from the opposite angle to the camera could see a very clear foul. Indeed, if any more confirmation was needed, the striker didn't even bother to get up quickly as he knew it was a foul.

Absolutely fair to question Rachubka who was shakey....but very few dropped goalkeepers aren't when they return.

However that was an attempt at a clever decision by a t##t of a referee which was in keeping with his generally awful display throughout.

The stamp on Philliskirk was mentioned earlier in the thread, which again could only be seen from the rear of the incident. The goalkeeper didn't like being challenged and could have easily evaded DP as he didn't land on him initially. He chose exactly where his foot landed and left it in on him. He was lucky he didn't pay the same price as Mills for a rash and red misted decision.

Our failings are clear, but to discount the role of the officials today, is to completely warp the events of the game to suit a narrative.

Finally I do have a little understanding for Mills due to the complete lack of protection he has received from officials in recent weeks. He has been clattered on numerous occasions with challenges that have not been properly punished - leading to the assault he received against Yeovil. Even today he was tackled two footed and from behind in the first half.

That frustration has built - and eventually led to that brain explosion today!!

Dare I say it, I don't think Rachubka was fouled on their first.

It's piss poor goalkeeping.

I still think it was a foul. Tyson goes in for the header with his arm very high. Foolish in the penalty box. It looks like contact with his arm and keeper's face.

Regardless of that though, if Wilson had stayed on his feet he would have (and should have) cleared it.

Did I hear the Athleticos more than once singing 'Oldham fans are :censored:, we'll sing on our own'?

This along with singing Oldham's a :censored:hole previously they are getting better.They really are a credit to to the club...

They've sang that song plenty of times.

I didn't feel compelled to be appalled at the time simply because Brian Wilson is there and should clear it. Instead he just falls over and does nothing. Having seen a replay now aswell, why does James Wilson simply step out of the way to let the guy challenge Chubs??? Bizarre all round.

Had a shout from Chubs, maybe?

Not as conclusive from the TV footage, but from the RRE it looked like Chubs had two hands on the ball when he was challenged. From where the ref is standing it must have looked suspicious and for that reason he shouldn't have allowed the goal to stand.

No need to use it as another stick to beat Chubs with, though. The defence look more confident with him in goal.

They'd clearly targeted Rachubka - they did something similar earlier to him, and LJ and Tommy were screaming at him to use his knee to protect himself when he jumped.

Whilst he clearly organises us well, he's not good enough. Whether or not it's a foul, he's gotta deal with that.

Mills was daft. No need to fly in (other than he's had two months of having the :censored: kicked out of him).

Kelly class. Think Jones is much better in the middle than left, and if we keep Jabo, the 4-4-1-1 we played in the second half suits us better, I think.

Yes the tackle by Mills was reckless but, sitting close to the action, it was not a two footed studs up tackle and he did get the ball. A yellow would have been reasonable but the lino didn't flag and the referee didn't whistle. Dickov goes ballistic and Doncaster players retaliate. Game has to stop. Discussion and Mills alone is sent off. Could have accepted this if action, a sending off and a yellow, for the Doncaster players but nothing. Some distance from their goal but that is always a foul particularly when the goalkeeper has both hands on the ball. The advantage played from the offside was completely inexplicable and totally wrong both to give it and then to not blow up once no advantage had accrued. Their equaliser had to do with no left back - I'm sorry Mellor but you are just not up to it. Finally, why didn't LJ substitute Jabo for anybody during those five minutes of injury time?

We did collectively throw away 2 points but the referee made it possible and impartial commentators have said and will say he made the draw possible - bias no doubt, he wasn't going to give our second goal until the lino told him it was over.

Their first had to be a foul. Chubs had two hands on the ball. There were two free kicks given to the keepers on MOTD that were less contact. Brian Wilson was shocking on the line though.

I thought their second was good skills at the time, but he's got past 3 or 4 players so easily. Decent finish, but given far too much space considering it was the last minute of injury time.