Playershare promotion on FB

Dear all.

Playershare are looking at boosting our profile and it try a little something out. There is a Facebook promotion on the latics playershare page with regard to this Saturday game...so if your on FB have a look.

Latics Playershare shared a status.

Who would like the chance to meet Big George and Rhys Murphy before the game on Sat? Like and share this status to have a chance. 6 winners to be picked at random at Oldham Athletic Football Ground

No offence like but do we have to have Playershare shoved down our throats every day?

People must know how to pay in by now and the webshop gets plenty of plugs.

is it a bad thing? it's hardly forced down our throats every day either - just a few posts on here.

No offence like but do we have to have Playershare shoved down our throats every day?

Would it surprise you if I say less then 60 fans contribute to a monthly s/o and if you look at easyfundraising page, only 206 use that too?

Now look at our fan base and compare.

So it's a bloody fantastic job that between us all we have managed to fund two players this season

The kitty is empty and we need to be as resourceful as we can without any cost to boost it again. So something simple like a photo op for the contributors/like this page people is paramount to keep this in fans faces and to actually meet the two players, surely is a bonus.

Can I suggest an idea of sticking a few posters in the toilets and around the ground, due to not everyone being on social media

We'll actually......we have near the start of the season put big a5 laminated posters in the gents/ladies in the RRE and Chaddy, In the bar area of the main stand, and both sides of the paddock too. Must admit we haven't checked recently if they are till in there. I know there are two still up in the RRE on the ladies toilet door and on the tuck shop kiosk

We are looking at getting some big 4x4 notice boards up for next season with trust oldham/playershare info on them and regularly updated

Me in the fellas gents will get me a reputation you know....hmmmm then again I was doing that in the late 80's/90's in nightclubs as I wasn't for one queuing the ladies for eons....oh dear

Off the top of my head I can't remember the exact figure but roughly £10k per player. Certainly Rhys is £10k. I will have to look up George as I know there was a photo and it's on the post of him with Neil joy and the cheque we handed over too.

If they are sold with profit hopefully, the funds go to the club to source other players. Sort of speculate to acccumilate.

Cedric evina is an example of that as we sold him on for approx £30k that the club reinvested into other players

Forgot to add Other players include Luke Beckett, Shefqui kuqi, Eddie Jokist (okay LJ first attempt at a development project last season) and we have helped towards the end of two players last seasons with us and they were Lee Croft and James Wesolowski too

Edited by underdog

I've just joined.

And I've forgot to add...you've cost me money already to playershare..aagghh

I pledge a £1 to playershare for every S/O set up from Dec to the end of the season....bugger, deyers42 is right, I'd best stop promoting it as it costing me money now doh!

Edited by underdog

George cost us £10k in august and rhys cost just over £10k. Over £20k raised in 12 months is an emmense effort from everyone. As tracy says, there are currently around 60 contributors, but i think that has shot up in the last fortnight. The potential is there for all to see.

Thank you all for your continued support. If anybody has any questions, or wants a standing order form, feel free to PM me.

3,500 fans. 206 registered to use webshop. Around 2 purchases a day.

I think there's massive untapped potential.

I'll keep at it.