Full Time: Oldham Athletic 0 Colchester 1

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Phillikirk's first-team spot should be untenable, he hasn't been good enough for a while, now. How he stayed on that pitch today is beyond me.

I'm a fan of Philliskirk but unless Winchester was injured I don't see why he wasn't starting in Philliskirk's place. Slightly harsh on Poleon to be lower down the pecking order than Murphy too as Murphy still need needs match fitness by most accounts and Poleon seems to have done well in recent weeks when given the chance.

Such a missed opportunity.

Maybe but a requirement of a centre forward is to be able to hold the ball up at least. He didn't do that on Tuesday or today. Turner was a vast improvement when he came on.

I'll put you up against a center half who is a foot taller than you...have your team mates drop it on his head and see how you like it!!

Funnily enough, the times it was given to his feet, he did half decent job!

That performance certainly wasn't worth a fiver.

No urgency, hesitation in passing, opting to go sideways or back. Murphy in the first half made plenty of runs but we didn't have the bottle to find him. When we did play it forward if was either long and in the air which was food and drink to them or it was soft and underhit.

For any team in 5th with aspirations of promotion that performance was disgraceful. Well pissed off.

Jones should have stayed on Philli should have gone

I'll put you up against a center half who is a foot taller than you...have your team mates drop it on his head and see how you like it!!

Funnily enough, the times it was given to his feet, he did half decent job!

This every day of the week, what worries me is none of the coaching staff spotted Colchesters weakness was down the flanks the 7ft lad at centrehalf had all our forwards in his pocket.

As disappointing as that was, the booing at the end was a fookin joke, we are STILL in the playoffs punching far above our weight. Some absolute knobs sat in the Rocky one saying Liam Kelly was :censored:e and all he does is pass sidewards. Please don't put another ticket offer on

We may well be fifth, but that performance was dog :censored: of the highest order - and therefore the booing was entirely deserved and justified. If they can take the plaudits when deserved, then they can take the booing too. They're big boys. I'm sure they can handle it....

We have more home games left against teams at the top than we do teams at the bottom.

We're still in a play off place.

Just a couple of positives after another cheap entry promotion disaster.

You can't see any positives after that display, if players aren't prepared to put the effort in against so called weaker opposition these sort of results will occur time and time again.

Kean: Not a lot to do, one good save, kicking poor 6

B Wilson: Sluggish performance, at least Connor Brown gives the some zest 4

J Wilson: Not much to do, slack at times 6

Elokobi: Not short on effort, but some woeful distribution 7

Mills: The best of a bad bunch, at least he gave his all 8

Jones: Started poorly but improved, don't know why he was subbed 6

Mellis. Played deep, never looked to get in the mix 4

Philliskirk, Mostly anonymous and weak in possession 4

Kelly; Forced deep and shut out ,was played at his own game and suffered. 4

Murphy: A lonely figure up front. looked lost 5

Forte: A couple of good runs, but nothing else to offer 5.

Subs

Winchester: Should have started 7

Poleon: Looked lively, but no end product 6

Turner: Brought on to play right wing and looked quite sharp, thought he was bought as a striker though ? 6

LJ and his coaching staff: Clueless 4.

Referee: Finicky, lots of poor decisions 3.

Edited by BP1960

Makes you wonder what they've done since Tuesday night because that smacked of a team with no gameplan/no idea what the other team were going to do.

Didn't the manager say he would wrap some of them in cotton wool and would monitor the fitness levels?

Maybe he just has a bunch of softies.

I'm just a bloke who hands over close to £600 a season to attend Boundary Park with his lad.

I knew exactly how Colchester would set up today. I am amazed our intelligent manager and his coaching staff didn't have the guile to beat this opposition.

Tired. Poor lambs.

They do it every time they come here. The only way they where going to score was from a set piece and they did from nobody reacting to the ball

I was bit confused why they brought on Poleon, a striker, and put him on the left, and left Forte, who we all know is more effective coming in from the left, down the middle.

Maybe for his height but he's never going to get much from a good league one centre back.

I also think putting Murphy without being partnered with an out and out centre forward is doomed to fail, might work very well with Wilkinson but you can't give him a hard time, he did make some very good unseen runs and will be ok with the ball at his feet. Lack of height however is why he us where he is.

We may well be fifth, but that performance was dog :censored: of the highest order - and therefore the booing was entirely deserved and justified. If they can take the plaudits when deserved, then they can take the booing too. They're big boys. I'm sure they can handle it....

. How was it justified? We are in the playoffs with one of the lowest budgets booing them does nothing for moral, nothing. We showed what we could do as fans last season when we were down near the relegation and we all got behind them and we stayed up. Same logic should apply when we are near the top of the league. Boo if you want but for me its pathetic.