No more

I like the optimism...

...but out of the 7 teams we're due to face at BP before the season ends, we've beaten 1 - Rochdale - lost to 4 and drawn 2.

We're good against the teams around us, not the ones above us. Our away fixtures are the crucial ones, anything from the home ones is a bonus.

There is so much more to come! If another team, Gillingham at the moment, goes on a run instead of a settled top five there will be a settled top six and LJ will have until next season to work out how to beat the strugglers - I wonder if attack, attack, attack might work.

I think Hill will have Dale fired up for revenge for our result at their place even though they've fallen away from the play off chase now

They are 5 pts off it with 3 games in hand. This must be one of the worst divisions ever at this level, to have this many teams so close up at this stage of the season is just bizarre

Why does a close league equate to it being a poor division?

Because it is highly unlikely that there are, say, 15 good teams in the same place at the same time. I'd compare it with horse racing. If the finish of the Derby is a closely fought affair between half a dozen horses then there are no superstars in there.

Because it is highly unlikely that there are, say, 15 good teams in the same place at the same time. I'd compare it with horse racing. If the finish of the Derby is a closely fought affair between half a dozen horses then there are no superstars in there.

I would equate our division more to a handicap race at Plumpton than the Derby though.

surely if teams are closer togrther in the league it means its more competative and anybody could win. I would say that makes for a better more interesting competition wouldnt you? Rich clubs does not mean better league, it just means they will be in with more of a chance.

we are told the premier league is the best most competetive league in the world,same team every year at the top. Its not the best in the world, its the richest, big difference.

surely if teams are closer togrther in the league it means its more competative and anybody could win. I would say that makes for a better more interesting competition wouldnt you? Rich clubs does not mean better league, it just means they will be in with more of a chance.

we are told the premier league is the best most competetive league in the world,same team every year at the top. Its not the best in the world, its the richest, big difference.

Poor in overall standard but, yes, all the more interesting for it.

Why does a close league equate to it being a poor division?

We are hardly playing swaggering, hard to beat football are we!

Surely even the most myopic of supporters can see our position is falttering our performances.

Fantastic we are in the mix, adn we have a good chance, but we could easily be 16,17,18 if we draw the next 3.

And very few teams we have seen we have thought wow.

Edited by singe