New Manager thread.

Just seen Didier Drogba in Aldi in Midd

Now that is a load of :censored:......you're a Quality Save shopper now we have a shiny new store. Although Drogba could have been in KFC and had a gander at Aldis offers

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crouch would make an impact as a player/manager but signed a two year deal in January. It ain't him. Drogba would be immense fun but The Special One won't release him. Of the others in the list - yawn!

Thread is becoming a comedy show to mimic because of desperation. Great read keep it up. Brilliant about LJ who does appear to have applied for every open job from December onwards and our form goes down - strange that, no wonder SC was glad to see the back of him.

It is very unlikley any appointment is going to be genuinely exciting.

Options we have are:

(1) An unknown who we have never really heard of (e.g. Lee Johnons) but is probably qualfied to a good standard

(2) An experienced manager that is currently out of work (likely to have had some success previously but failed at recent opportunities)

(3) A version of (2) but we have had experience of (e.g. Dowie, Sheridan)

(4) A recognised player of some level (ie people have heard of them) wanting to chance their arm - probably less qualified that (1)

(5) An ex-Latic associated player from the "pinch me" era that will get people feeling fondly about the club

All of these are likely to get mixed reactions from the fans. The latter two options depending on who they are, might be classed as mildly exciting

On Drogba, Mourinho has said that Drogba has a coaching job job at Chelsea when he retires as a player. Not a cat in hells chance will he become our manager. It wouldn't surprise me if he did not know where Oldham was or has ever heard of the football club..

You must be joking we're Massive. Even fergie and Woy are waffling about us lately.

It is very unlikley any appointment is going to be genuinely exciting.

Options we have are:

(1) An unknown who we have never really heard of (e.g. Lee Johnons) but is probably qualfied to a good standard

(2) An experienced manager that is currently out of work (likely to have had some success previously but failed at recent opportunities)

(3) A version of (2) but we have had experience of (e.g. Dowie, Sheridan)

(4) A recognised player of some level (ie people have heard of them) wanting to chance their arm - probably less qualified that (1)

(5) An ex-Latic associated player from the "pinch me" era that will get people feeling fondly about the club

All of these are likely to get mixed reactions from the fans. The latter two options depending on who they are, might be classed as mildly exciting

You forgot 6) the cheap option I.e Holden and Locky

<p>

from an earlier post by SCIG (his info has been fairly reliable up to now)

It's in the rarely SC had to fly back to US on business and therefore hasn't met Dowie in person as of yet.

Simoncorneyisgod

Les Pogliacomi

• photo-thumb-8447.jpg?_r=1413706821
  • OWTB Member
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 575 posts
  • Team:Oldham Athletic

Posted 06 March 2015 - 03:29 PM

Simon's not gone back to New York and he is going to the Charity do at the weekend

Quote from Adam Lockwood "Me and Dean dont just want to sustain what Lee has done, we hopefully want to bring new ideas and something a bit different."

They've clearly been told they have to the end of the season. Shame the club won't admit it.

Edited by dec666

Ah, so it's Crouch?

I didn't want to stoop so low as to heighten expectations, but I was told the player concerned would be a big catch and if elevated to manager it would be a statuesque signing and a giant step forward, the problem could a sizeable contract, but as I said it could be just a tall story from my contact.

Edited by BP1960

Quote from Adam Lockwood "Me and Dean dont just want to sustain what Lee has done, we hopefully want to bring new ideas and something a bit different."

They've clearly been told they have to the end of the season. Shame the club won't admit it.

Hardly breaking news is it, been obvious from Day 1.