New Manager thread.

Getting to the point now where I'd rather have the entertainment of a Gattuso type appointment for a season or two over another Johnson who whilst doing ok, was an unknown cheap appointment who spins the usual media bull:censored: and jumps ship after making us slightly less :censored: than the bloke before him.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what the record for number of applications is? Could SC be hoping to top 150?

If they need help sorting the applications I'm available. Throw out 115 and invite the other 5 telling them what the terms are for a day of interviews and announce appointment at five o'clock - 3 days tops if they can't make the interview don't want it enough. This is not rocket science. As we slip down the league some of those 120 will have changed their minds.

What we have is a Chairman who thinks we are safe and as that is his only ambition (apart from selling the club) he can't be bothered to give us what every season ticket holder has paid for.

The only reason the media will know about Gattuso would be via SC IMO and the only reason SC will tell the media about Gattusso is because he has discounted him.

Why would he alert people to his interest otherwise...as much as I would love him to two foot tackle lee Johnson in te technical area this isn't gonna happen

If we get our new manager in before Tuesday then that would be ideal.

For now though I'm still OK to wait for the right manager, even if it takes a little longer to confirm.

Lose on Tuesday and Saturday however...then not having a new manager in place before Rochdale would be inexcusable.

My main issue with Johnson leaving is the probable negative effect it's had on the players. He would have spent the season building their confidence and getting them to believe they're good enough to win promotion.

Then he leaves to join a rival team pretty much because he believes they've got a better chance of going up. Players and managers move for more money and better prospects all the time, that's how it works. But leaving that group of players who he made out he was their friend/therapist and all that mid season when we were so close to the play offs is pretty :censored:ty.

We need someone in and fast if we're going to pick them up. We've got some decent players on good contracts so we need to try and finish the season on a positive to take some momentum into next year.

The reality is that, in terms of League position, there is no rush to appoint a manager. We'll get the victory we need between now and the end of the season to preserve our L1 status again and finish between 13th and 18th.

But, in terms of us lot needing a boost, we could really do with appointing one ASAP to give us back that buzz and feel good factor we had earlier in the season. Having said that, the list of possible managers doesn't inspire me greatly, even Gattuso...

Surely it's best to appoint now/shortly, the new manager then has the opportunity to see what we have and understand what we need for next season. Throw in the potential for a bit of 'new manager bounce' to keep the supporters interested and it's a no brainer. The application list isn't going to be much different in June is it?

Edited by Stainrod

My biggest concern with holden is whether this 'broken team' will listen to him - he has spent half a season involved in the players 'banter' will they accept a bollocking or tell him to f**k off? - im not sure.

There is a definate confidence issue and usually when that happens - we could see the blame game with players falling out during the game (but not in a constructive way).

Fortes' confidence looks shot same with philly - keeper looks shaky.

We need an injection of experience not youth to hopefully drag us over the line - i wont feel comfortable without at least 2 more wins.