New Manager thread.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's Holden that's an insult to the fans that attend week-in-week-out. Nothing against the man but it's a 'we've given up on this season' move. We've lost 3 of 4!

I'd be furious if I was a season ticket holder...

Edited by NewBlue

I've not agreed with people saying they aren't showing ambition by waiting this long to appoint.

But if they give it to Holden, it would be the closest thing to the club announcing that they've given up on the season.

He comes across pretty well in his interviews, seems switched on, I've got no issue with him taking it until the summer.

It's an OWTB cliche, but perhaps a more experienced assistant would be a good idea at this time.

If it's Holden that's an insult to the fans that attend week-in-week-out. Nothing against the man but it's a 'we've given up on this season' move. We've lost 3 of 4!

I'd be furious if I was a season ticket holder...

Only going still because it's already paid for but it's bad turning up just knowing your going to get slaughtered. TBH I am pretty annoyed. Just at the whole situation really, proper lost interest now. Used to go every home game and 90% of away games now I'm considering not even bothering with Crewe or Bradford...(Used to be the odd Yeovil or Brighton away i Wouldn't bother with...)

He comes across pretty well in his interviews, seems switched on, I've got no issue with him taking it until the summer.

It's an OWTB cliche, but perhaps a more experienced assistant would be a good idea at this time.

That's a bigger cliche than the acoustics

I'd rather have someone who was useless at interviews but had won 3 in 4 rather than lost

Only going still because it's already paid for but it's bad turning up just knowing your going to get slaughtered. TBH I am pretty annoyed. Just at the whole situation really, proper lost interest now. Used to go every home game and 90% of away games now I'm considering not even bothering with Crewe or Bradford...(Used to be the odd Yeovil or Brighton away i Wouldn't bother with...)

I was buzzing for Bradford and Crewe away just a month ago. Thought there'd be a couple of thousand 'Tics making their way to Yorkshire for a play off clash and we'd sell out Crewe. I'm not going to either now. Not a chance.

I'm not blaming him, but he's not done much to arrest the slide and is seemingly rewarded with getting the gig...

He's basically working on his own and having to pick the only fit players available.

If we were 10 points worse off I could see the cause for concern but we'll get the 4-5 points we need.

Thinking about it, if this is the case then doesn't that point Dowie seeing out his Sky commitment and starting fresh next season.

That's despite the Chron saying no contact has been made as I can't see us paying a fee for a manager currently employed?