New Manager thread.

Winston Bogarde on Talk sport this morning sat at home in Holland telling Alan Brazil he'd like the chance to manage a team in England and saying what a good job Hasselbaink has done a Burton. Didnt realise what a good pedegree he has and been managed by Dick Advocaat when he was with the Dutch u18's................ to think I wasnt that impressed when i heard he was in the running last week......... Changed my mind since yesterdays announcement!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully, they'll make a decision before I have to make a decision on whether to renew my season ticket.

Interesting statement. Would it actually make any difference to your decision who gets appointed? You handed over £300 this season and whilst at times it has been one of the better seasons out of the last ten or so there hasn't actually been any major differences between any of them.

I'm renewing regardless of who is appointed, just curious as to how many are going to be that affected by Corney's choice?

twitter 'rumours' are saying warburton to be appointed.

Aside from a possible agreement in place with Dowie after expiration of committments, this would fit the end of season theory.

No doubt has money from his trading days, wants to manage 'his way' ie say on transfers etc, coaching players, has good experience in academy football.

Only question i suppose is would he come up north? Only so many clubs in London and aside from Millwall, doubt anyone attractive to him would be appointing a new manager any time soon, so not many manager job options available to him.

Quote in a recent article he did re Brentford changes, 'jobs are hard to come by'

Would be the next best fit for me if not Dowie

twitter 'rumours' are saying warburton to be appointed.

Aside from a possible agreement in place with Dowie after expiration of committments, this would fit the end of season theory.

No doubt has money from his trading days, wants to manage 'his way' ie say on transfers etc, coaching players, has good experience in academy football.

Only question i suppose is would he come up north? Only so many clubs in London and aside from Millwall, doubt anyone attractive to him would be appointing a new manager any time soon, so not many manager job options available to him.

Quote in a recent article he did re Brentford changes, 'jobs are hard to come by'

Would be the next best fit for me if not Dowie

Warbuton won't be coming to Oldham, he's just took Brentford from League 1 to the the fringes of the playoffs in the Champipnship, he'll be in demand when he leaves at the end of the season, clubs a lot bigger than ours will be queuing for his signature !

I reckon the end of the season decision points more to a player coming to the end of his career retiring in the summer and taking over. Someone like Jamie Cuerton...

Anyone thought about (ex-Blackburn, Man City) Garry Flitcroft? Been in charge of Chorley for nearly five years; taken them to two promotions (NPL Div. One North/NPL Premier Division), and now to the verge of the playoffs in the Conference North. And their average attendances have gone up four-fold! ...which would be nice. Always been based in the North-West, too. Outside bet?

Edited by OneSizeFitz

Anyone fancy dean Saunders? Only on an interim period as crawley manager! Made doncaster a real force and is getting the results as crawley manager could be another who can't start till the end of the season?

He's a hoof merchant. Remember when we lost 1-0 at Donny when he was in charge and home fans were saying they weren't happy. Yes he was getting then solid and high in L1, but it was dire to watch and they said they knew they get murdered - as well as the dire style - in the championship.

Let's see how quickly Notts County act...

Darren Ferguson

7/2

Gary Johnson

5/1

Alan Smith

7/1

Danny Wilson

7/1

Neil Warnock

8/1

Paul Hart

8/1

Iain Dowie

12/1

Mark Yates

12/1

James Beattie

16/1

Neil McDonald

16/1

Paolo Di Canio

16/1

Adrian Boothroyd

20/1

Nick Barmby

20/1

Paul Simpson

20/1

Gary Megson

25/1

Nicky Butt

25/1

Paul Ince

25/1

Sean O'Driscoll

25/1

Brian Laws

33/1

Mark Venus

33/1

Sven Goran Eriksson

33/1

A friend is a Barnsley supporter and also works on the Oakwell Radio station doing commentary, so is in touch with a few journalists.

Saw him at the weekend and he mentioned that one of the freelance journalists that covers some of Barnselys games also covers Oldham games too - and he had heard Peter Crouch mentioned heavily by other journalists at the Oldham Chron.

Probably nowt, but would be a good appointment I think in terms of focus for the club.

A friend is a Barnsley supporter and also works on the Oakwell Radio station doing commentary, so is in touch with a few journalists.

Saw him at the weekend and he mentioned that one of the freelance journalists that covers some of Barnselys games also covers Oldham games too - and he had heard Peter Crouch mentioned heavily by other journalists at the Oldham Chron.

Probably nowt, but would be a good appointment I think in terms of focus for the club.

BP1960 rumour validated?