New Manager thread.

If Holden gets till the end of the season I reckon that makes Dowie a pretty much done deal...he is the only one we would hang around for IMO and I reckon Dowie would rather start a fresh and build in the summer rather than be judged over the next few games when confidence is at an all time low!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What bit of it don't you get?

I don't undrestand where people get is notion from that we only need 4 or 5 points to stay up

If we get the 4-5 points that we apparently need to stay up and the teams below us replicate their results from the last 10 games we either stay up by a point or it goes down to goal difference (ironically with Notts County after what happened last season)

Therefore 4 or 5 points is massively short of what we need.........10 points from the last 11 games is more like what we need

I don't undrestand where people get is notion from that we only need 4 or 5 points to stay up

If we get the 4-5 points that we apparently need to stay up and the teams below us replicate their results from the last 10 games we either stay up by a point or it goes down to goal difference (ironically with Notts County after what happened last season)

Therefore 4 or 5 points is massively short of what we need.........10 points from the last 11 games is more like what we need

Not a chance! Historically 50 or 51 points is all that's needed. This season will be no different.

Colchester and Yeovil too far back, other teams have to basically take a point per game out of us, won't happen.

Edited by deyres42

If Holden gets till the end of the season I reckon that makes Dowie a pretty much done deal...he is the only one we would hang around for IMO and I reckon Dowie would rather start a fresh and build in the summer rather than be judged over the next few games when confidence is at an all time low!

This! He can use the next few months to do his due diligence

that or its the current prem striker as reported in the sun a few weeks ago.

Scholes told a mate that he considered the job if there was a little to spend but there was no budget "not a pot to piss in".

I talked to Scholes on Saturday night, no mention of budgets he just said the time wasn't right. But reaffirmed he would love a go at it in the future.

I believe it was the rousing chorus of "Dean Holden's blue & white army" in the second half that swung the decision.

Anyone against this appointment should have informed a steward of their concerns.

Their was plenty of shouts towards the directors from those in the main stand. Their will be plenty more if we continue as we are until the end of the season. The atmosphere could turn poisonous if we leave this as it is and come next Tuesday night at 10pm we've just lost 5 on the spin the latest being against Rochdale.

Give it Holden until the end of the season and we are in deep :censored:.

Their was plenty of shouts towards the directors from those in the main stand. Their will be plenty more if we continue as we are until the end of the season. The atmosphere could turn poisonous if we leave this as it is and come next Tuesday night at 10pm we've just lost 5 on the spin the latest being against Rochdale.

Give it Holden until the end of the season and we are in deep :censored:.

Ok, but what if a new manager comes in, say for Saturday, and we end up being relegated. Does he then have to go to?

Ok, but what if a new manager comes in, say for Saturday, and we end up being relegated. Does he then have to go to?

Well yes obviously because that would be disastourous.

All any incoming manager has to do is offer them abit if leadership and organisation and we should be fine it won't exactly take a lot to keep us up in fact an average manager could easily get us a top ten Finish if put their mind to it.

I don't see the logic of Corney bringing someone in to replace Holden if he has 'some agreement' with his first choice at the end of the season. A second choice stop gap will only make things worse amongst the squad in my view.

The last 3 managers have come in under the radar, it does seem to be Corney's style.

Whoever he brings in (even his first choice , now) doesn't guarantee success. We will be starting again on a wing and a prayer. A 'name' may well give the fans a boost but he will have a lot of work to do from where we are now.

Until we are mathematically safe I wouldn't recommend removing your support - that would only further demoralise the players.

You have to remember that for the last few years we have heard a lot about the fact that the new stand will be key to attracting fans back to Boundary Park. With the stand due to open for the start of next season, the manager choice is huge. The wrong appointment completely undermines the image that we are trying to portray as we open the stand. Based on that I think Corney would be happy to wait to get in someone he thinks will inspire confidence in the fans rather than make the wrong choice based on rushing someone in.

It's this reasoning that makes me think it might be a bigger name than most of us expect (although I do think it will be the fist move into management for whoever we get).

The club is flatter than a witches left t*t at the minute. If you want to get a buzz about the place stop dickin about and get Guttuso in. No harm sticking him on a short contract till the end of the season with a view to a longer deal subject to finishing the season well. If he's crap we can look for someone else in the summer. if nowt else it will make the rest of the season entertaining, keep the fans happy (er) Giving it Holden/journey man manager would be in the short term (season ticket sales) financial suicide for the club.