New Manager thread.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that it is now the end of the season before we appoint, you would think some other managers may now throw their hat into the ring.

I'm fairly sure we've got our man for next season but have to wait. Holdens not earned this gig so it must have been forced on Corney.

Neil Joy

"The search for Oldham Athletic's next permanent manager will continue away from the spotlight and destabilising speculation that we have seen since Lee Johnson left the club," he said.

Is he having a pop there? What does he mean?

How is the speculation "destabilising"?

If any football club sacks or loses a manager there's speculation, and usually lot's of it, until the new manager is announced.

They come across as right smacked arses in so many statements that are issued...

Neil Joy

"The search for Oldham Athletic's next permanent manager will continue away from the spotlight and destabilising speculation that we have seen since Lee Johnson left the club," he said.

If any football club sacks or loses a manager there's speculation, and usually lot's of it, until the new manager is announced.

They come across as right smacked arses in so many statements that are issued...

There's been no destabilising speculation. There have been no noises from the club and a few lines in the occasional tabloid.

Completely agree about the smacked arses comment. Every statement released about almost anything seems to suggest their noses have been put out of joint.

Neil Joy

There's been no destabilising speculation. There have been no noises from the club and a few lines in the occasional tabloid.

Completely agree about the smacked arses comment. Every statement released about almost anything seems to suggest their noses have been put out of joint.

You'd think we'd be used to being the papers by now. Imagine we were in the Premier Lague and across all the back pages. They's have a hissy fit then.

I mean how dare we specualte, nay, care what happens to our club.

And I have supported the stance pretty much up to now.

It's like they are saying they underestiamted the strength of feeling.......

What happens to the bets if Deano loses the next five games and gets the sack?

Those who have backed Deano will get paid now , once it's been officially announced then betting will stop.

They will probably open a new book on the next manager after Deano ?

If I was to give the club the benefit of the doubt he might have meant the speculation by players was destabilising.

Still, doesn't sound great and recent history doesn't help them when it comes to statements. Or statements about statements.

Duff at Burnley is 37 and taking his coaching badges.

Thinks he can play a few more years, just spoke very well on Sky Sports News

He'd be great as player manager.

I really think we should go for a proper player manager who intends to play week in week out - Crouch would be good as would Duff.

Could Kevin Phillips still do a job at this level?

Duff at Burnley is 37 and taking his coaching badges.

Thinks he can play a few more years, just spoke very well on Sky Sports News

He'd be great as player manager.

I really think we should go for a proper player manager who intends to play week in week out - Crouch would be good as would Duff.

Could Kevin Phillips still do a job at this level?

I reckon most on OWTB could do a better job at this level.