Mat Sadler set to sign on loan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like Holden doesn't trust Mellor either!

Conor Brown to RB and Sadler in at LB

That seems like a fair assumption. I'd say it's all up for him now, he's not going to play unless leprosy strikes the dressing room while he's not in it.

From todays Chron...As it stands, he is still without the services of George Elokobi (calf), Joseph Mills (calf) and Amari Morgan-Smith (hamstring) for the next few weeks.

Midfield man Jacob Mellis has a hamstring tear which means he is missing for three weeks and right-back Brian Wilson serves a one-match suspension for his red card at Yeovil this weekend.

Looking further ahead, Holden confirmed that on-loan Bolton striker Conor Wilkinson will be missing for Athletic’s home game with Rochdale on Tuesday, March 24.

Wilkinson has been called up to the Republic of Ireland’s under-21s squad for their UEFA European Championship qualifier against Andorra which takes place two nights after the Dale clash.

After speaking to manager Noel King, Holden was told that Wilkinson would be required to link up with the Ireland squad on the day of the Rochdale game, meaning he won’t be able to turn out for his club.

Carl Winchester is also a doubt for both Rochdale and the fixture at Bradford that follows it four days later, as he could yet be involved in the full Northern Ireland squad during that international week.

Makes quite depressing reading...the season is long gone...2 wins out of 11 remaining fixtures will do me now.

Just debating how much money to lump on a Barnsley win and clean sheet this weekend???

Don't care. Want manager.

Reality is this shows we're sticking with these two 'til the end of the season and aiming for 12th. Great ambition.

In reality you know nothing about it...

whose idea was it sign Korey Smith on loan to Oldham?

if a new manager is 2 days or 2 months away we still need players to cover

In reality you know nothing about it...

whose idea was it sign Korey Smith on loan to Oldham?

if a new manager is 2 days or 2 months away we still need players to cover

In reality Holden told the MEN they are his loan signings...

All the narrative coming from the club says waiting until the end of the season.

As far as I see it gradual progress was all I wanted, finish higher than last season we have it whoever is in charge. We need to build gradually I feel, if Holden can do that great. Next year with a bit of steel added to what we have already it could be even better than this season looked like it was going to be.

I think partly where we have fallen behind is in loan signings.

Since the best player to play at the club this season - Daniel Johnson - left, the teams around us have been very impressive in the loan and frees market in January. Barnsley have got George Waring and Ben Pearson, Doncaster got Ikpeazu and Butler, Dale got Brandy, Chesterfield got Duffy and Lavery.

Although it was an achievement of sorts to keep our first 11 we haven't actually improved on them much, with Murphy failing to make an impact, and now we've got quite a lot of injuries and a small-ish squad it's catching up with us.

In reality Holden told the MEN they are his loan signings...

All the narrative coming from the club says waiting until the end of the season.

all narrative?

they have not once said he will be in until the end of the season have they?

Since the best player to play at the club this season - Daniel Johnson - left, the teams around us have been very impressive in the loan and frees market in January. Barnsley have got George Waring and Ben Pearson, Doncaster got Ikpeazu and Butler, Dale got Brandy, Chesterfield got Duffy and Lavery.

Although it was an achievement of sorts to keep our first 11 we haven't actually improved on them much, with Murphy failing to make an impact, and now we've got quite a lot of injuries and a small-ish squad it's catching up with us.

I agree, but by all accounts Brandy has been :censored: for Dale so far.

Never rated Brandy and has been here on trial before and since his Gillingham days has hardly found a settled club or really done the business.

Atleast Holden is trying to make some sort of mark, he knows with injuries cropping up we need cover. I still like to see Truelove, Danny Bryne or Jacobs from the youth team given a run out. But at the same time understand the need for some experince in the back four.

Clearly has spent a good part of his career at this level but for reasons unknown never got into the Rotherham side.

Matt Chambers @Matt_Chambers_ · 3h 3 hours ago

Mat Sadler (30) is an experienced left-back who signed for Rotherham in the summer. Gives cover while Joseph Mills remains sidelined. #oafc

Matt Chambers @Matt_Chambers_ · 3h 3 hours ago

Could be another in on loan today at #oafc.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

all narrative?

they have not once said he will be in until the end of the season have they?

There's been a lowering of expectation media tactic from Corney with him trotting out the 'no rush' line several times, along with Holden and Lockwood implying that they are going to get until the end of the season. It hasn't necessarily been said directly but it's certainly a fair deduction given what has been said by those inside the club.