I've just been catching up on last nights Chron online and in the article about Turner it says that, during his time at BP he has had four separate hamstring tears !

He says "But I believe that my hamstrings are sorted now and we have a new physio who seems to have got me in decent shape."

When did we get a new physio?

Now we have a possible reason for all our soft tissue injuries which have cost us any chance of a play-off place and written offf this season. Someone didn't do their due diligence when appointing one of the most important members of the backroom staff. Either that or they tried to economise by appointing a cheap option where any cost- cutting would be a false economy.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/90842/striker-rhys-hopes-first-league-goal-will-trigger-turnround

I've just been catching up on last nights Chron online and in the article about Turner it says that, during his time at BP he has had four separate hamstring tears !

He says "But I believe that my hamstrings are sorted now and we have a new physio who seems to have got me in decent shape."

When did we get a new physio?

Now we have a possible reason for all our soft tissue injuries which have cost us any chance of a play-off place and written offf this season. Someone didn't do their due diligence when appointing one of the most important members of the backroom staff. Either that or they tried to economise by appointing a cheap option where any cost- cutting would be a false economy.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/90842/striker-rhys-hopes-first-league-goal-will-trigger-turnround

Jon Guy left to take up a role at Bolton Uni in October time, we had a new physio within a month, who had previously worked in Rugby, possibly at Sale.

I have no idea why we are getting a load of soft-tissue injuries of late, but it will be multi-factorial and one of the dominant factors will be luck.

Jon Guy left to take up a role at Bolton Uni in October time, we had a new physio within a month, who had previously worked in Rugby, possibly at Sale.

I have no idea why we are getting a load of soft-tissue injuries of late, but it will be multi-factorial and one of the dominant factors will be luck.

I'm a total novice but I imagine rugby coaching and football coaching regarding injuries are considerably different?? Especially on the legs! Is he still or physio or is there a new one after him?

Clutching at straws, but do you think something like sprint training if they have been doing it could be a cause of calf injuries rudemedic?

I'm a total novice but I imagine rugby coaching and football coaching regarding injuries are considerably different?? Especially on the legs! Is he still or physio or is there a new one after him?

Not really- rugby players will get more upper body injuries, but they can still get lower body injuries, especially the quick three-quarters/full backs.

Rugby players will have to do the same amount of calf/hamstring/thigh/groin stretches that footballers do.

Clutching at straws, but do you think something like sprint training if they have been doing it could be a cause of calf injuries rudemedic?

Yes, but so could the cold weather, the state of the pitch, including the training pitch, the atmospheric pressure, their diets all sorts really.

The law of probability indicates that because we had relatively few injuries in the earlier part of this season we would increase our chances of getting a spate of injuries in the later part of this season.