Players linked with us

Its getting to the stage I'm not interested in who we are linked with anymore, apathy is creeping in.

Tarky was the subject of a £4m bid in the summer, 10 times Brentford's initial outlay and they refused to sell. They knew they had a real talent on their hands and that sooner or later were going to profit from it.

For all the progress Brentford have made in the last few seasons they are an unfashionable club where every player has a price and who are never going to compete towards the top end of the football pyramid.

I'm pretty sure for Tarky, Brentford was only ever going to be a stepping stone to bigger and better things.

You cannot compare this situation to that of Micah Richards who at the time happened to be playing for a club he loved and one run by probably the richest owners in world football. The next move for him was always likely to be a step down in stature.

After the return of Shez the feel good factor at the club was slowly building coupled with a budget boost that the proceeds from a Tarky sale was likely to bring. Instead we are almost back to square one and start a new calendar year almost as depressing as 2015.

The Latics hierarchy, after the apologies of last week, have somehow successfully managed to once again piss off a whole load more loyal supporters with the timing of this amazing revelation.

Apathy doesn't come close BP!!!!

Money wouldn't have gone on playing budget anyways since we have debt and a stand to finish. If corney needed the money that badly then, it was obviously needed. People on here making out he went to them after tarky looked likely to get a transfer. Bull:censored:. Chron reported sell on was 10%, hardly as if we've missed out on millions, albeit every little helps. As i said, corney obviously felt it was necessary. He's made another mistake, at least we have an owner. There's not been any rumours of a potential buyer since koucash and he was a fraudster. No point slating him on here, got nothing better to do? If you feel that strongly about it, go outside the ground on saturday and hold a protest or something. To get us in the public eye, in the hope of new ownership. Otherwise just sit back down, cheer the team on and cut corney a bit of slack for once.

Rant over

It's not the fact he's sold it, it's the way it's been done. If we were that desperate for money I've not got a problem with it but the club informed us of the sell on clause so by the same token should have told us if it had been bought out.

It would have saved a hell lot of the aggravation that we are witnessing now!

Fans are secondary at this club, we shouldn't be privy to everything that goes on but this is something we should have been told about.

This lot couldn't run a piss up in a brewery!!

It's not the fact he's sold it, it's the way it's been done. If we were that desperate for money I've not got a problem with it but the club informed us of the sell on clause so by the same token should have told us if it had been bought out.

It would have saved a hell lot of the aggravation that we are witnessing now!

Fans are secondary at this club, we shouldn't be privy to everything that goes on but this is something we should have been told about.

This lot couldn't run a piss up in a brewery!!

I don't think any club would release that sort of information. If they did, they certainly wouldn't mention the fee. Which would then lead to rumours of us selling it for a pittance. There would be no benefit to anyone in doing that. They've released a vague statement, but that's as good as you'd get at any club nowadays.

I don't think there's ever been a Chairman who's been cut as much slack.

By some, YES. Others have had it in for him straight away for whatever reason. I've lost patience with him a couple of times this year, think everyone has. They always own upto mistakes and realise where they've gone wrong, i trust him to eventually get it right.

I don't think any club would release that sort of information. If they did, they certainly wouldn't mention the fee. Which would then lead to rumours of us selling it for a pittance. There would be no benefit to anyone in doing that. They've released a vague statement, but that's as good as you'd get at any club nowadays.

Bollocks, other clubs produce full sets of Accounts and make them fully available

By some, YES. Others have had it in for him straight away for whatever reason. I've lost patience with him a couple of times this year, think everyone has. They always own upto mistakes and realise where they've gone wrong, i trust him to eventually get it right.

Eventually......and when might that be!!

Drinking on a school night?

Clubs aren't required to publish individual transfer fees within their financial statements. Clubs submitting audited statements seem typically to include a total for purchase of players' registrations, including agents' fees and contract extension costs, and separate figures for disposals and amortisation of registrations. Smaller clubs like ours are not required to submit such detailed financial statements.

So did the the £75k from TP also go into finishing the stand?

Blimey, that deal was miles worse than it first appeared. I thought minimum of £75k for Danny was not the worse bit of business, but chucking his Dad in as well was very poor.

Good of them to loan him back for the season mind....

Blimey, that deal was miles worse than it first appeared. I thought minimum of £75k for Danny was not the worse bit of business, but chucking his Dad in as well was very poor.

Good of them to loan him back for the season mind....

But he wont be allowed to be on the touchline on Saturday.

Edited by ChaddySmoker