Elokobye and Lackwood

Can't say I'm too bothered except maybe missing George's enthusiasm and the fact he thought the club was called Oldham Athletics.

Elokobi is a crock, still decent but isn't irreplaceable. Lockwood was never going to add anything on a playing side at this level.

If that was the case why were they offered new deals.

I think a lot of the time it is done for our benefit, they don't want/can't afford for the player to stay or he wants out but saying a contract has been offered means it looks like the effort was made.

I'm in the same camp as everyone else here, likely Lockwood has been offered peanuts as a back up.

As for Elokobi, as much as I liked him getting stuck in and grabbing a goal he certainly wasn't without errors and had his injuries.... next.

News to me about being offered as back up but hey debut for Latics as a 50 yo am game :-)

We have been suspect at the back for quite some time. Too many sloppy goals putting us on the back foot. But it is understandable why we signed them.

Like what DK said about building from the back. Let's hope we can back up the theory.

Interesting times ahead, as you said.

Wish them both well.

A bit mroe upheaveal to the team thatn we would have liked, but, again probably understandable.

Edited by singe

Chron also says "Kelly is primed to add to his staff with a coach who carries experience of international football." Could that be that Irish goalkeeper from York (Ingham). Is he a coach?

My money is on Frank Sinclair.

The more I saw of George the less I rated him as a footballer. Far too often he'd take an age on the ball then float a pass on his outstep that the defence had all the time in the world to deal with. Top bloke but not what we need.

Chron also says "Kelly is primed to add to his staff with a coach who carries experience of international football." Could that be that Irish goalkeeper from York (Ingham). Is he a coach?

It's Jim harvey

Ex Morecambe boss, amongst others

They both leave with my best wishes, Elokobi would've been good to keep but there was no way he'd want to stay as back up and we can rely on him for a full season. It sounded as though Lockwood's form dropped towards the end of the season but despite some clear flaws he's managed to be a great presence in the team when he's played in the last 18 months. I'm sure he'll do great in the Conference.