Notice of Trust Oldham AGM meeting

Notice of Trust Oldham AGM

TRUST OLDHAM

(OLDHAM ATHLETIC SUPPORTERS FOUNDATION LIMITED)

ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

Notice is hereby given that the annual general meeting of the above named company (the Company) will be held at the LaticsZone, Oldham Athletic, SportsDirect.com Park, Oldham on Monday 22 June 2015 at 7.00pm for the following purposes:

AGENDA

1. Opening of meeting

2. To elect new directors to the board.

3. To receive the report of the directors and the accounts for the period ended 31st January 2015.

4. Close of meeting

Anyone wishing to join the Trust Oldham board as an Elected Director is required to notify the Trust Oldham Secretary in writing no less than 14 days before the AGM. This can be done via email to agm@trustoldham.co.uk or via the postal address for the attention of the Secretary and therefore must be received by midnight on Monday 8th June 2015.

Posted in: Meetings & AGMs, News & Announcements

I don' expect a stampede - but it's not necessarily because people don't want to do it. They've got slightly less than one week to decide to stand and rally support. Is that enough? Forgive my ignorance if this has been widely publicised elsewhere...

Anyone would think they want the status quo to remain...

I don' expect a stampede - but it's not necessarily because people don't want to do it. They've got slightly less than one week to decide to stand and rally support. Is that enough? Forgive my ignorance if this has been widely publicised elsewhere...

It was a tongue in cheek post.......more at the lack of replies to the thread as opposed to takers. Had Mr Owen still been involved it would have been 25 zillion pages.

I think 4 new people, myself included have been to meetings in the last few months looking at getting involved. Nows the time to try and make the thing work IMO.

I hope you do. All the best in your new roles.

Sounds like the people that give a :censored:, have been giving a :censored:?

I think 4 new people, myself included have been to meetings in the last few months looking at getting involved. Nows the time to try and make the thing work IMO.

It was a tongue in cheek post.......more at the lack of replies to the thread as opposed to takers. Had Mr Owen still been involved it would have been 25 zillion pages.

I know. Before I started disliking Barry personally, I was massively concerned about the lack of transparency and accountability written into the constitution. Hopefully Lees "Barack Obama" Lover and the others can get to work on that.

Yeah but...I'd like to know what they give a :censored: about, and what they propose to do to about it if what I give a :censored: about happens to align with what they give a :censored: about and I vote for it.

Hello 24 I am only co-opted an the moment but if you want to know more about joining the board I've posted a couple of days ago in the trust page pinned up top your trust needs you. it's about joining, responsibilities, what you as a fan can help us with etc. There is also on the first posting on here and email to the trust if you want to contact a member of the board with what we are looking for.

Like Leeslover has said, we have had 4 new people who have shown interest and come to meetings. We have had couple more who have enquires at this stage.

So if you are interested, no matter how far away you live, please contact the Trust and let's see if we can bridge the ":censored:e" gap and get you on board literally if that's what you want

Edited by underdog

Hello 24 I am only co-opted an the moment but if you want to know more about joining the board I've posted a couple of days ago in the trust page pinned up top your trust needs you. it's about joining, responsibilities, what you as a fan can help us with etc. There is also on the first posting on here and email to the trust if you want to contact a member of the board with what we are looking for.

Like Leeslover has said, we have had 4 new people who have shown interest and come to meetings. We have had couple more who have enquires at this stage.

So if you are interested, no matter how far away you live, please contact the Trust and let's see if we can bridge the ":censored:e" gap and get you on board literally if that's what you want

Thanks Tracy. I don't want to be on the board - for reasons of remoteness more than anything. But I do want all Trust members to have a say - as in an electoral choice - in who is on the board. I have to get re-nominated every year as a trade union causer of bother.

Thanks Tracy. I don't want to be on the board - for reasons of remoteness more than anything. But I do want all Trust members to have a say - as in an electoral choice - in who is on the board. I have to get re-nominated every year as a trade union causer of bother.

Totally agree, yearly voting by members and this is what the board want and what I have seen being done last year and should be done this year too.

Don't let remoteness put you off either, you may have skills that we could do with, like I'm crap with internet/social media stuff, maybe membership, marketing....something you might be able to do behind a keyboard per say.

Edited by underdog

Working on a better constitutional set up including membership voting is definitely something I'm looking to work on but I'm fair from alone in the current and likely soon to be board. For clarity and whatever Barry said the constitution doesn't allow for a popular vote at the moment. Myself and others are just looking to join up to help get the activities happening to make the Trust look useful and try to improve it from there.

Don't forget chaps you have until midnight tonight to log that you wish to join the trust board, too late by post but there is still time by email....see below

Anyone wishing to join the Trust Oldham board as an Elected Director is required to notify the Trust Oldham Secretary in writing no less than 14 days before the AGM. This can be done via email to agm@trustoldham.co.uk or via the postal address for the attention of the Secretary and therefore must be received by midnight on Monday 8th June 2015.

Edited by underdog

Don't forget chaps you have until midnight tonight to log that you wish to join the trust board, too late by post but there is still time by email....see below

Why the deadline?

The club itself seems to have several directors join and leave now & then most seasons of late......

hello Harry, I'm not great a company legality,..but I believe it's so then we can get the nominations/people's names in and back out there in enough time for members to vote at the AGM in two weeks time.

Also, I've copied a part from the trust pinned thread above too....

Firstly, and perhaps mostly importantly the Trust is a Limited Company, which means that by becoming a director you are bound by a set of Directors Responsibilities that are set out by UK company law.

Hope this helps.....I'm sure Leeslover, Jorvik or lookers87 will be able to explain it better as I don't have the brain capacity with all the corporate legal stuff...but I can at least throw a question up the food chain if you want me to find out more

Cheers

Edited by underdog

The Trust can appoint directors at any point in the year by co-opting, as has been done 6 times in the past 12 months. The deadline is for directors wishing to stand for election (which can only be done at an agm).

Co-option may suit some as it means slightly more administrative flexibility (in terms of companies house records) but with no less influence as an elected director.

Edited by lookers87

hello Harry, I'm not great a company legality,..but I believe it's so then we can get the nominations/people's names in and back out there in enough time for members to vote at the AGM in two weeks time.

Also, I've copied a part from the trust pinned thread above too....

Firstly, and perhaps mostly importantly the Trust is a Limited Company, which means that by becoming a director you are bound by a set of Directors Responsibilities that are set out by UK company law.

Hope this helps.....I'm sure Leeslover, Jorvik or lookers87 will be able to explain it better as I don't have the brain capacity with all the corporate legal stuff...but I can at least throw a question up the food chain if you want me to find out more

Cheers

Don't worry, I was just curious.

Don't worry, I was just curious.

Hey no worries, that's what we are all here for or can get an answer too...like lookers has posted above too as he can explain better than me too....well I am blond you know.

Years of peroxide dying has killed the old grey matter....by the way is Barry is looking for you? Or has Leeslover, Jorvik and OAFCTom put him off with the ...I'm Spartacus speech...heheh

Hey no worries, that's what we are all here for or can get an answer too...like lookers has posted above too as he can explain better than me too....well I am blond you know.

Years of peroxide dying has killed the old grey matter....by the way is Barry is looking for you? Or has Leeslover, Jorvik and OAFCTom put him off with the ...I'm Spartacus speech...heheh

I'm varying my routes, doing impromptu u-turns, sitting with my back to the wall etc.....

Don't forget Rosa (I think) and her "Je Suis Harry Bosch"