coukash or no he hasnt

Am I missing something here have Salford gone bust ? At the last count he was worth over £1 billion so talk about Salford being in trouble are a little over the top.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/salford-red-devils-insist-15m-9445823

When bailiffs call it's not a good sign....

Could it be that uncle Simon is telling the truth when he says any buyer has to prove they can move the club forward? Could uncle Simon be genuinely in love with the club? Could he actually care?

If nocash has screwed it up at Salford he would've done the same with us. We're not in a position to magically grow our support base in a relatively short window.

So, we all agreed that SC is to be totally trusted......? Actually, he pisses me off some times, but overall i do trust him with the club.

I certainly do, he's been with Latics over ten years now, longer than many of the posters of OWTB. I think it's safe to say he's committed, that is at least until he genuinely believes someone has come along who can take the club forward in a sustainable way. I'm sure than have been many moments where he could have just cut and run, but he hasn't.

No.

Ok so what are you suggesting when you said the returns would be very different?

The problem for me is that anyone who wants to buy our football club won't make a financial return, and it's not like a Chelsea or a Paris st Germain or man city where the individual owning us will get a level of celebrity or prestige to owning us. So unless someone comes in saying in I am an Oldham fan I have £50 million to burn I will treat any potential investor with a degree of caution. This isn't to say that if Koukash had bought us that he would have left us in administration but after a while both Chris Moore and Simon Blitz decided to cut their losses and go. One left us on our feet but had to make us fend for ourselves the other left us pretty much on our death bed.

How much motivation would a man with no connection to Oldham keep investing in a business which would bring no financial return and a lot of hassle?

Can anyone really be blamed for being sceptical about any potential investor? Especially one who appears to have got bored rather quickly at another sporting organisation with a not to dissimilar weekly attendance.

All is rosey according to koukash in the MEN. Major announcement at a press conference next week where he will wipe the smiles off the doubters faces.

salford supporting lad I know reckons the Salford star have an agenda against the club

All is rosey according to koukash in the MEN. Major announcement at a press conference next week where he will wipe the smiles off the doubters faces.

salford supporting lad I know reckons the Salford star have an agenda against the club

From past experience (no details!) I think the Salford Star have an agenda against everybody!

The truth will come out no doubt, for those on here doubting the man why would he be the driving force behind a new initiative to sign marquee signings outside of the current salary cap, if he is potless ? A lot of what goes on in Super League is political and MK has ploughed millions into Salford as well as coming to an arrangent to pay all of the previous rugby clubs debt which he didnt have to do.

Isn't there a problem with many clubs owned by mega rich people whereby they don't actually pump money into the clubs but cover very large accrued debts? Dind't Chelsea's debt go up to £800m (albeit a few years ago)? QPR must be close to £200m. Bolton over £120m?

Isn't there a problem with many clubs owned by mega rich people whereby they don't actually pump money into the clubs but cover very large accrued debts? Dind't Chelsea's debt go up to £800m (albeit a few years ago)? QPR must be close to £200m. Bolton over £120m?

In essence it's the owners that provide the cash but provide it as a loan to secure themselves in case the unlikely event they start making it back. It's a lot better for clubs to do it through an owner rather than a bank who would more likely charge interest and secondly chase it back. The example you use and you could say the same about Simon Blitz, the owners are highly unlikely to call this money in unless they personally hit financial trouble.

The circus at Salford continues...

One of their star signings (who koukash has been trying to flog) Kevin Locke has tendered his resignation today, citing unpaid wages.

Koukash says he will respond in the press conference on Tuesday where he's promising fireworks, with rumours he will be announcing he will be suing people for libel..

We definitely dodged a bullet.