Fixtures Thread

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was up to me I'd scrap this competition. It brings no crowds and money until you get to the semi final. Does any team really take it serious?

we dont make anything from this or the JPT.

Lucky if if make any in the FA Cup. Its chance by getting a big 3rd rnd game.

Make barley anything in the league.

What shall we keep ;)

What shall we keep ;)

JPT is our only possible way of getting to Wembley. The price money in the FA cup 1st round and 2nd round are fare greater than any money made in the league cup so I don't really see your point

What shall we keep ;)

Quite. Lets wrap everything up and call it a day.

Cups are about the chance of glory - tell Shrewsbury who got Chelsea last year that it should be scrapped, or Bradford City , or , who was that club that got to Wembley in 1990 ?

Edited by LaticsPete

JPT is our only possible way of getting to Wembley. The price money in the FA cup 1st round and 2nd round are fare greater than any money made in the league cup so I don't really see your point

overall we make F all unless we get a 3rd round tie in the FA cup!

we havent made the final in 10 efforts in the JPT

overall we make F all unless we get a 3rd round tie in the FA cup!

we havent made the final in 10 efforts in the JPT

Have you seen the prize money for both cups. You make more money in the third round qualifying of the FA cup than winning the second round of the league cup. And as for the JPT we've made two area finals so we've been close to getting there

Good bench mark to last season sadly I expect more of the same (granted it's not based on much)

As great as Barnsley away 1st game would be a bad result could set a horrible tone from day 1...I would prefer a localish away draw with not so much riding on it that we have a good chance of getting a positive result like Blackpool/Shrewsbury/Crewe away (not asking for much!)

Best fans we had at BP last season Boro, so they'll be a good opener for the Chaddy.

Lots of clubs would consider one of the best teams in the Championship coming to their patch as good news, but the state of BP in recent years means all but a very select few home matches are anticipated and welcomed. Hopefully the new stand will correct that...

Best fans we had at BP last season Boro, so they'll be a good opener for the Chaddy.

Lots of clubs would consider one of the best teams in the Championship coming to their patch as good news, but the state of BP in recent years means all but a very select few home matches are anticipated and welcomed. Hopefully the new stand will correct that...

That's if it's open. We will probably close one stand anyway

That's if it's open. We will probably close one stand anyway

If the new stand isn't ready to be used yet and they bring over 1000 then they'll have to open 3 stands, given the club's policy on not allowing home fans next to bigger away followings