George Green Signs

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Better thab Rhys Murphy anyway.

...no-one knows how good Rhys Murphy is yet.... give the boy time. I live in London and every Daggers fan I've met [admittedly its only two] has raved about him. Peterborough we're ready to spend £250k on him before he got injured... and he comes from Arsenal's youth set up.... so arguably he has a similar pedigree to Green.

He made the best debut[on loan for the last 6 games last season] most of us could ever remember seeing at Tranmere-ran the game and scored a fantastic equaliser at the end. He was a class above any other player on the pitch. Then he realised that the rest of the team were crap and tried to do everything by himself[not passing when others in good areas etc] The opposition then put extra players on him in the remaining games and the other players were not good enough to exploit the extra space this created for them . Hence we are where we are.

If you can get him to play more as a team player and not just for himself then he'll be a great signing. Joe Royle and David Unsworth were in the stand at the home games watching his performances but there are many comments on the Everton sites about alleged ''personal problems''. Good luck to George and you-I hope it works out well for you and him.

Lets hope none that were of interest to Barry...

Got to say I'm a tad surprised that some people are quite so excited about a kid who spent last season playing in a side that dropped out of the football league. Good luck to him though; I hope he's a great signing.

On loan from a decent premier league side, no?

Pre season is the time to get excited as you don't know who might turn out to be good or :censored:.

Edit to say let's be realistic, we'll only ever fluke promotion if boys like green turn out to be as exciting as we think! Positive mental attitude!

Edited by Oh Heck C-Beck

What's he done since. He lives off that season at Tranmere. 4 goals in 52 games since

Very little.... but we wouldn't be in for him he'd continued like that cos Wolves wouldn't be letting him go...... if the coaching set up could get him back to it though..... happy days.