George Green Signs

Ellis Plummer is reputed to be on 3k a week at Ciyy!

Not sure about Plummer, but Wabara was on 13k according to a few people and a young 18 year old lad from Austria who my mate knocks about with is on 5k a week! Unbelievably silly money getting thrown into kids banks account in the premier league.

No dig at the young lads by the way, they've worked/trained bloody hard all their life to have the privelledge of earning a proffesional contract and deserve every last penny that these daft owners of clubs pay into their accounts!

Edited by MAC0AFC

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll be on a lot less (say 2k less) at Oldham than he was at Everton two years into his proffesional contract... for a 19 year old that's huge money, that's why you see your players careers stall, because they're scared of dropping down the leagues and risking a loan move.

Not saying they'll be complaining at earning that money, but those artificial wages will lead to an almighty reality check when they're paid more according to their ability than their status, having been released.

Not saying they'll be complaining at earning that money, but those artificial wages will lead to an almighty reality check when they're paid more according to their ability than their status, having been released.

Same could be said of The England team lads from the Prem. The actually believe they're Internationals with the money they earn. I mean Sterling 50 Million? it's a laugh right???

Same could be said of The England team lads from the Prem. The actually believe they're Internationals with the money they earn. I mean Sterling 50 Million? it's a laugh right???

Well they are internationals aren't they?

What really needs addressing is that the intense competition for broadcast right is working directly against the interests of customers which is a very unusual situation and really should be the subject of an in-depth OFCOM review.

I will miss out on CL stuff next season, I'll live with it, because I am not going to pay for both BT & Sky as the line has to be drawn somewhere. I see the inevitable conclusion as being that a very significant percentage of live sport will have to be made available on an individual pay per view basis and I would hope (though not necessarily expect) that in time that will lead to event by event competition which may have result in some downward pressure on prices and may therefore stop the spiral of wages and transfer fees. Don't hold your breath though.

Well they are internationals aren't they?

What really needs addressing is that the intense competition for broadcast right is working directly against the interests of customers which is a very unusual situation and really should be the subject of an in-depth OFCOM review.

I will miss out on CL stuff next season, I'll live with it, because I am not going to pay for both BT & Sky as the line has to be drawn somewhere. I see the inevitable conclusion as being that a very significant percentage of live sport will have to be made available on an individual pay per view basis and I would hope (though not necessarily expect) that in time that will lead to event by event competition which may have result in some downward pressure on prices and may therefore stop the spiral of wages and transfer fees. Don't hold your breath though.

You and me both,

Yes they are Internationals, the point I made poorly was they are not a patch on other nations internationals. Yet with the mega bucks the Premier pays out they actually believe they are,

You and me both,

Yes they are Internationals, the point I made poorly was they are not a patch on other nations internationals. Yet with the mega bucks the Premier pays out they actually believe they are,

"Best league in the world....."

That is the trouble BT have paid stupid money. Trying to hook in new subscribers and will then hike the price and frankly more fool those that fall for it. Its a self generating cycle of nonsense. We had both for 12 months to allow my terminally ill dad to watch what he wanted but having binned BT cant say its a big loss.

Whilst the public are allowing themselves to be robbed so it will continue. The number of young players on crazy money sends all the wrong messages to school kids about earning a living. Have to add when goals are shown so close to a game in all divisions it also allows some to follow a club from a far very easily. When habits are broken its hard to get them back.

As for Green a lad with lots to prove and talent at this level with room for development and future fee. Same with Cassidy far better than some journeyman looking for an easy payday or dressingroom trouble causer as per Clarke.

Kelly wants players who are hungry for success. I agree. In every sport, it's primarily about the game, about competing and winning. Most sports have at best modest financial gains. Money isn't the motivation. Sadly, in football i get the impression that money is the motivation and has been for quite a while. Remeber Anelka? What a prospect, but he was pimped around to make as much money as possible. Money motivates, at least at the top end. That's very sad. Reward success, yes, by all means. But when money = motive, then you lose your soul. Even sports where the rewards are high (golf, F1, tennis), you still get a sense of the hunger and love of the sport. We're in real danger of losing that at the top end of football.

That is the trouble BT have paid stupid money. Trying to hook in new subscribers and will then hike the price and frankly more fool those that fall for it. Its a self generating cycle of nonsense. We had both for 12 months to allow my terminally ill dad to watch what he wanted but having binned BT cant say its a big loss.

Whilst the public are allowing themselves to be robbed so it will continue.

I know too many people who stream games and have dodgy boxes. I've legitimately paid a fortune for sky over the years, probably more fool me, but the family make use of it.

Next season I won't be paying for BT Sport. I'd rather go down the pub or stream online. As others have said, a line has to be drawn.

I'm not worried about this talk of him trying to do it all himself once he realised his Tranmere team mates were :censored:. When he sees that Winchester and Jones can go past players as easily as he can he'll realise he isn't Billy big balls here and settle down

Ellis Plummer is reputed to be on 3k a week at Ciyy!

Plummer on 3k a week, that must drain on their resources surely, they must be tapped?

Carry on paying them wages won't belong before they sink, when i seen him he could not trap a ball well.

If i was them i would put him in the first team, he will either sink or swim then.