Your neighbours down the road ...

Fellas ... hope you don't mind but I am a County fan and you may heave seen in the MEN that someone has bid for Edgeley Park from Brian Kennedy ... we suspect they maybe developers and ready to bulldoze the old girl to the ground!

Therefore there is an emergency meeting of SMBC on Weds and they may ... just may be voting on purchasing it as an asset and leasing it back to us ... we would get our home back but a fan has launched a petition to help convince them.

Feel free to sign it and please, please tweet it, facebook it or whatever ....

Best of luck to you chaps this season coming and thanks

https://www.change.org/p/stockport-metropolitan-borough-council-protect-edgeley-park

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone ... yes Rhys is a proper 'potential star' and you will have a god un there methinks, the lad who started the petition has tried to make things a little clearer so I hope that helps now? you can only make certain changes but the gist is there.

Thaks again and try and spread the word a bit :deal::grin:

Edited by bammo

Much too early for any corks popping but the early signs are good ......

http://www.stockport.gov.uk/newsroom/edgeleypark

If ever we get back to playing you lads on level terms (us going up not you lot down here haha) then I will put a pint on the bar with some straws .... cant say fairer than that!

I promise to update you all :icon_peace: if its great news but you will never hear from me again if its not :surrender:

I've spent a lot of time at Edgeley Park over the years, especially when younger. The 2008 play off final win over Rochdale a great day out too. I desperately want my lad to see Latics win there too.

The 96/97 Dave Jones led run to the League Cup semi final was the first time a side from the lower two divisions beat four top flight clubs in a cup competition. Blackburn, West Ham (think Dowie go), Southampton and Middlesbrough all beaten with Championship Sheffield United given a staggering 2-5 defeat at Bramall Lane as well. Brett Angell, Alun Armstrong, Mike Flynn and Jim Gannon a part of that team IIRC.

Average attendance was around 1,800 back in the early 1980s. I think they got above 3,000 in the Conference North last season. The one game I attended at Harrogate was awful though!

I've always been baffled as to how they ended up in such as mess. While Brian Kennedy has taken a lot of the blame from County fans, much of the problem appears to have stemmed from Trust ownership. Keen amateurs, no sense perhaps.

Stockport is a town that should have a league football team playing in its own stadium. Signed.

Signed : I did attend the play off final with Rochdale. It rained all day but what a day out! It would be great for some of our younger fans to have the chance to visit London: FA Cup Final Oldham v Rochdale would be ideal!! :drinking45::OASISscarf:

Signed : I did attend the play off final with Rochdale. It rained all day but what a day out! It would be great for some of our younger fans to have the chance to visit London: FA Cup Final Oldham v Rochdale would be ideal!! :drinking45::OASISscarf:

Millllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllwall