Potential Centre Backs

1500 - 2500 grand a week is better than no money at all. In this current climate where there are hundreds of free agents across Europe beggars sometimes cant be choosers.

Money talks though and if another club comes in with a better deal, then I am sure they will be off to play for them.

For some it might not all be about the money if they have been on 5-10 grand a week made enough cash to set up other ventures and businesses they may just want first team football, for the last few years of their career aka Gerrard, especially in an environment they feel comfortable in and welcomed.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am interested in the handling of Coleman too.

We seem to be pushing for a GK, as DK sayings push him on as we hope.

Hints of a coaching role for an experience GK as back up, but we have a GK coach.

I can see what is being planned, but not sure what is beig lined up.

We do have a 23 year old fitness and goalkeeping coach. A match hardened 30 something as coach and backup makes sense.

People seem to forget that an unfit Gerrard ran himself into the ground for us and then understandably his performances dipped. A fit Gerrard would do nicely. A Gerrard and an Addison would be beyond our wildest dreams.

These three or similar plus what we have!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody who thinks we will find someone better than Gerrard for less money is mental!

He wasnt fit last season and again joined a team in free fall

Get him fit and raring for a season start and you will see the difference

Anybody who thinks we will find someone better than Gerrard for less money is mental!

He wasnt fit last season and again joined a team in free fall

Get him fit and raring for a season start and you will see the difference

I suspect he wants a damn sight more than what James Wilsons on and I know who I would much prefer.

I suspect he wants a damn sight more than what James Wilsons on and I know who I would much prefer.

What! the same James Wilson who half this board slagged for poor performance and attitude last season?

He probably will want more than Wilson but the paternership could be one of the best in our league

Edited by palmer1

What! the same James Wilson who half this board slagged for poor performance and attitude last season?

He probably will want more than Wilson but the paternership could be one of the best in our league

I certainly agree with that. Edited by yarddog73

We need to stop buying the price and start buying the player(s).