MasterChef winner appointed 'Executive chef'

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i doubt he will touch the pies as they will be externally provided! This is good news food wise for those seeking matchday/non matchday exec food[/quote ]

His delacasies went down well on masterchef..I hope he doesn't run out of octopus pies at half time.

Edited by BP1960

Fantastic news on my future as I can announce that I have now been appointed as the Executive Chef @OfficialOAFC

I thought it said Executive Chief at first! A very positive move for the club, but don't feed the players they would all end up with arse's like Gregan's ( surely the biggest arse in football, now that's a good talking point ).

Norwich have Delia , Latics have Simon.

Let's be Havin' you, Come on.

I hope he does get involved with the pies,

I hear Norwich's are awesome especially Delia's beef in red wine gravy

I thought the first thing she did when she took over was bring in Hollands pies. Can't see there being too much call for red wine gravy in Haslingden

As executive chef, he may not be involved in day-to-day running of the kitchen in North Stand, but will create menus and inspire the food service. A bit like having Gordon Ramsay as executive chef at BA - he won't be cooking for them but his signature dishes will feature in First and Business Class in-flight meals etc. A man of his talent shouldn't be cooking at OEC but running his own restaurant and giving his inspiration to menus at external venues.

I did think that at first but given he's not worked professionally as a chef before, I think he will be more closely involved, Exec Chef is another name for head chef, though I can imagine it being used by those in consultancy type roles as well as you say.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

I did think that at first but given he's not worked professionally as a chef before, I think he will be more closely involved, Exec Chef is another name for head chef, though I can imagine it being used by those in consultancy type roles as well as you say.

Just to point out Jim, Exec Chef and Head Chef are very different jobs. As others have said he will be in charge of creating and developing, but will rarely cook for the customers.

I am sure it will be for the OEC. Though the fact the catering is coming in house, could be a good sign that he will have more input than normal.

Agree with others. Copy the Delia or Kidderminster model.

Edited by singe