Brian Wilson Allowed To Leave

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see it pretty much the same as most on regarding Wilson, early part of the season I thought we had done a great bit of business acquiring him, but as the season wore on he seemed to get steadily worse.

At the latter part of the season Brown was a much better full back than him, I can see why we are prepared to let him go and feel confident enough in "special mention" to give him a starting spot.

I think Brown overtook him in the last few months of the season. Not sure what exactly it was, whether he lost all his confidence, but he got steadily worse, whilst Brown was on the incline since his Carlisle loan.

Plus, we don't need two right backs. Dieng/JWilson/youth teamer/loanee could cover for a game or two for suspension/injury.

Agree with the last two posts. Wilson is a much steadier option that Connor Brown. He's not a world beater by any stretch, but he's a very competent League One full back...

Bollocks. Brown is a much better player than Wilson and proved that by keeping him out the team. I saw a lot of games last season and Wilson was targeted and cost us many times, especially Orient away. There's a reason he's trialing in league 2...

Bollocks. Brown is a much better player than Wilson and proved that by keeping him out the team. I saw a lot of games last season and Wilson was targeted and cost us many times, especially Orient away. There's a reason he's trialing in league 2...

"Much better player"

Words actually fail me.

I do sometimes wonder if I watch the same players as some on here.

So what was the reason for the long spells Wilson kept Brown out of the team?

What was the reason Brown was playing in league 2 for Carlisle?

If the club could afford more on wages Brown would have been gone 2 years ago and as if happens league 2 notts county could afford a bigger wage than we could for Wilson.

Edited by palmer1

Still baffles me that 3rd division full backs can stir such deep seated passions in grown men. Going back to Barlow through Makin, Eardley, Griffin, Tierney and now Brown and Wilson. We've had absolute dross in many positions, strikers, keepers, midfielders yet they don't get half the scrutiny as those in the wider positions at the back do.

So what was the reason for the long spells Wilson kept Brown out of the team?

What was the reason Brown was playing in league 2 for Carlisle?

If the club could afford more on wages Brown would have been gone 2 years ago and as if happens league 2 notts county could afford a bigger wage than we could for Wilson.

As has been pointed out by many people, Wilson started the season well but his form dipped, brown got game time and came back a better player. You spent all season slagging brown off so I'm not even going to entertain the idea you will agree so I'll leave it there.

As has been pointed out by many people, Wilson started the season well but his form dipped, brown got game time and came back a better player. You spent all season slagging brown off so I'm not even going to entertain the idea you will agree so I'll leave it there.

I never slagged him off - I rated his overall performance as sub standard which on a football forum must be :censored:in unheard of.

Brown like Wilson spent or will be spending time at a league 2 club for a reason,It may improve them both.

Both are very average league one footabllers who make mistakes often, we should be looking at better imo

Edited by palmer1

I never slagged him off - I rated his overall performance as sub standard which on a football forum must be :censored:in unheard of.

Brown like Wilson spent or will be spending time at a league 2 club for a reason,It may improve them both.

Both are very average league one footabllers who make mistakes often, we should be looking at better imo

Looking at and affording are two very different things however.

Brown and Wilson are at a similar level, both average/low league one players. Which is exactly our level, certainly budget-wise. As Brown is likely to be cheaper and improved last year whereas Wilson declined and is likely to continue to do so, it makes sense to keep Brown and let Wilson go.

Thought Brown did very well at the end of the season, think he got a few Man of the Match awards? Seemed to be a nuisance to the opposition, especially against Port Vale. Think on the back of that he'll have got the nod ahead of Wilson who didn't have a bad season either.