Brian Wilson Allowed To Leave

I don't think so at all.

Pick out a midfield and you have to leave out at least two or three possible starters. Say it's a midfield 4 of Jones, Kelly, Croft and Forte, you have to leave out Winchester, Phillskirk, Poleon, Dieng, Green, even Mills.

We have competition in net, right-back, Truelove looked like capable left-back cover for Mills and up front we've got a host of strikers. None may be brilliant but there will be competition for places.

Only at centre back we are short, and defensive midfield we may be due a loanee.

It's the quality of our strikers and right-back I'm most worried about.

I'd agree with that. We need a holding midfield player and another centre-back, but we really lack quality upfront. I'd get rid of Murphy and not bother with Plodj. Then i'd sign a goalscorer.

That would give us a play-off squad. As it stands, we don't have the firepower.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think so at all.

Pick out a midfield and you have to leave out at least two or three possible starters. Say it's a midfield 4 of Jones, Kelly, Croft and Forte, you have to leave out Winchester, Phillskirk, Poleon, Dieng, Green, even Mills.

We have competition in net, right-back, Truelove looked like capable left-back cover for Mills and up front we've got a host of strikers. None may be brilliant but there will be competition for places.

Only at centre back we are short, and defensive midfield we may be due a loanee.

It's the quality of our strikers and right-back I'm most worried about.

Brown linked well with Croft yesterday.

Brown linked well with Croft yesterday.

There were some decent touches. Brown is sufficient and it looks like he really needs to try very hard to have a good game - that's not a problem because he is a very hard worker. A limited footballer, and there are better out there. I do hope that Croft isn't too preoccupied trying to cover Brown that he doesn't get forward enough. He is improving every season though and maybe he'll be a better player yet again.

As for the strikers, I don't think we'll be bringing in or letting go of any. It's just a case of hope that one will start to fire, or we're solid enough to mean we don't need many goals. Do think Murphy has been judged way too quickly though, and wouldn't dismiss his ability.

Edited by NewBlue

There were some decent touches. Brown is sufficient and it looks like he really needs to try very hard to have a good game - that's not a problem because he is a very hard worker. A limited footballer, and there are better out there. I do hope that Croft isn't too preoccupied trying to cover Brown that he doesn't get forward enough. He is improving every season though and maybe he'll be a better player yet again.

As for the strikers, I don't think we'll be bringing in or letting go of any. It's just a case of hope that one will start to fire, or we're solid enough to mean we don't need many goals. Do think Murphy has been judged way too quickly though, and wouldn't dismiss his ability.

We haven't seen Murphy play up front yet with a big man alongside him, so in that respect he's had a difficult time, same goes for Turner.

I would rather not go public about them. I will, however, say it has nothing to do with his tweets before he got the gig and it's all based on events since the 1st June...

Can you not elaborate a little more ? Is this a problem thats likely to stick around ?

I would rather not go public about them. I will, however, say it has nothing to do with his tweets before he got the gig and it's all based on events since the 1st June...

Why say it then? Its like these people who put a cryptic status on Facebook and when someone says "whats up" they reply "cant say" if you cant say - dont

Fair points

Look forward to seeing this unfold and hope it doesn't have a detrimental effect on our club

:censored: THE IRA

I've lost the thread what has this got to do with Brian Wilson ,mods shut the thread.

It was a rare Beach Boys track written when the Wilson brothers visited England around the time of a bombing.

The same visit that they got the bus from Oldham to Rochdale.

The willingness to let Brian Wilson go even when he like most of our players had a good spell last season does suggest that either Connor is regarded as first choice for right back or that DK wants to play three at the back. So far all we have seen in the friendlies is a manager taken on in the close season getting to know his players which is why a manager from among the 120 should have been brought in after little :censored: jumped ship.