Match Day Parking at BP

As long as I can lock up the old bicycle on it I might cycle down, break a sweat in the gym, watch a prematch game in the bar then take my seat for the match.

Then back in the bar for more bar aerobics...the gentle movement of hand to mouth with pint in hand. Ensuing I don't get tennis elbow

And of course I'm not that to pissed to cycle back home....I'm fairly sure I can be done for being I drink in charge of a bicycle.

Or you could give the club an extra £80 and guarantee yourself a spot for the season- even when others are being turned away. Quite handy when the opposition brought a few.

I've been paying that for the last few years and have been turned away. Hopefully the new car park will enable those who have paid up front a guaranteed spot.

That is precisely why I posted that the club really needs to publicise their policy and consider what agreements with partner businesses they may be able to arrange.

If crowds increase next year; then in the locality the official car park has reduced in size, Westhulme Avenue is off limits, the Hospital Scanner block has further reduced parking space and the local streets are now all permit only. And the club has built on the Clayton Arms site.. in short it is really is a bit of a disaster.

That is precisely why I posted that the club really needs to publicise their policy and consider what agreements with partner businesses they may be able to arrange.

If crowds increase next year; then in the locality the official car park has reduced in size, Westhulme Avenue is off limits, the Hospital Scanner block has further reduced parking space and the local streets are now all permit only. And the club has built on the Clayton Arms site.. in short it is really is a bit of a disaster.

No it's not a disaster!

I've been paying that for the last few years and have been turned away. Hopefully the new car park will enable those who have paid up front a guaranteed spot.

I only paid it last year and got in every time, about 5 of those was when the car park full sign was up.

As long as I can lock up the old bicycle on it I might cycle down, break a sweat in the gym, watch a prematch game in the bar then take my seat for the match.

Then back in the bar for more bar aerobics...the gentle movement of hand to mouth with pint in hand. Ensuing I don't get tennis elbow

And of course I'm not that to pissed to cycle back home....I'm fairly sure I can be done for being I drink in charge of a bicycle.

You can be done for being drunk in charge of a bicycle, the limit is slightly different though, it's more of a sobriety test than a breath/urine/blood test as there isn't a set limit, I think.

I don't know why you did not campaign to get a cycle rack for the new stand...... :wink:

Never found much issue with the car parking at BP - occasionally use the official car park for midweek games when I am late from work, but generally park a 10 minute walk away and have no issues.

Been to far worse grounds than ours frand parking.

The fact that it might not be a pot-holed puddle filled mess is fantastic IMO

You can be done for being drunk in charge of a bicycle, the limit is slightly different though, it's more of a sobriety test than a breath/urine/blood test as there isn't a set limit, I think.

Cheers Rude....half a bitter shandy it is