First names on the team sheet

This is why I think we will still lose a couple DK has made signings that he dident really need to make if Winchester is staying why did we need Green there 2 of the same player ? He has not yet addressed the main priority which is defence we only have 2 pro CBs contracted to the club, where will Murphy, Philliskirk, Poleon, Bove, Tuhoy, Byrnes, Green fit in this would be my team from our current squad

Coleman

Wilson. Wilson. Dieng. Mills

Kelly

Croft. Winchester Jones. Forte

Turner

Don't like one up front but wouldent want to leave any one of those midfielders out, not seen Green play yet so he gets a place on the bench for me, I'd also love to see a Cassidy/Poleon strike partnership as I think that could work well but then that leaves out Turner !!! I think it's fair to say we have plenty of options in attack but we still need a couple of defenders CB/RB and another winger Hiwat maybe ?

Bench :

Cornell

Brown

Truelove

Green

Poleon

Edmundon

Cassidy

Edited by Markspark92

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Connor Brown will definitely be our first choice RB. He's really impressed in training as has Dieng and Murphy..... Both look like different players apparently...

No... If you went last night you would of seen Brian Wilson has something to show he's getting forward and scored an absolute belter.

This is why I think we will still lose a couple DK has made signings that he dident really need to make if Winchester is staying why did we need Green there 2 of the same player ?

There'll be injuries and losses of form (not from Winiesta, obviously) - let's hope we get to Walsall without losing a couple.

We might suffer less than in previous seasons if there's better back up to call on when things go pear shaped.

With all due respect B.Wilson had a good 45 against conference opposition. He was dreadful against Bolton. Brown on the other hand gave us much more in the 2nd half against Bolton and had a very good game against Blackburn.

For me he is the much better option of the 2.

Edited by melia

At least we have options.

Winchester starts over Green for me. Unless we had 5 in the middle, I wouldn't play both.

Not seen Cassidy so can't really judge, though Turner has looked decent enough so warrants a start at Walsall.

Croft starts should we play with Cassidy IMO.

With all due respect B.Wilson had a good 45 against conference opposition. He was dreadful against Bolton. Brown on the other hand gave us much more in the 2nd half against Bolton and had a very good game against Blackburn.

For me he is the much better option of the 2.

Are you discounting the penalty he gave away last night then ?

I think we can all agree Turner should be starting, but not on his bill upfront...needs a partner.

Turner Forte could work really well but I can still see Cassidy starting at Walsall if he's fit and if not, coming into the side after a couple of games.

Green is the tricky one. I have only been to Chester and Blackburn so far and he didn't blow me away in either. Saw small glimpses of talent but too many wrong decisions.

By all accounts he absolutely ran the show last night playing in the position he SHOULD be, in the hole.

I think it all depends on what formation Kelly plays. Fitting in Green Winchester Jones Kelly and Croft will be difficult unless going either 3 at the back or 1 up top.

First names on the team sheet for me are: Mills, Wilson, Kelly, Jones, Turner and I would have to say Croft. 6 weeks ago I put Croft on the bench but he works his bollocks off for the team and has looked excellent when I have seen him in pre season.

Didn't know we conceded a penalty? All defenders concede fouls including Wilson and brown.... my opinion is that Brown is better,

Both are average players, on last nights performances I'd take Wilson though. Still think Dieng would do a better job than both though.

Am I the only one who would play Philliskirk?! With Forte up top? Turner is still raw and young, cant be relying on him for lone striker and all the goals just yet I feel.

I'd play Forte and turner uptop and a midfield diamond behind them.

Our best football came from playing a diamond last season and we have the players to play it.

Coleman

Brown Dieng Wilson Mills

Kelly

Croft Jones

Winchester

Turner Forte

Coleman

Mills, J. Wilson, Gunning (if signed) Dieng if not, Brown

Jones, Kelly, Winchester

Philliskirk

Forte, Cassidy

Subs:

Cornell

Truelove

Edmundson

Croft

Green

Turner

Poleon

Quite like that formation, would have philli no where near the starting 11 at the moment, green in his place and i think that is a strong lineup.

Quite like that formation, would have philli no where near the starting 11 at the moment, green in his place and i think that is a strong lineup.

Just don't see where Philiskirk fits in now.

I'd have Winchester or Green behind the striker and I don't see him getting a look in upfront ahead of Cassidy, Turner, Forte or Murphy.

I wonder if he's somebody we could look to ship out.

I'd have Winchester or Green behind the striker and I don't see him getting a look in upfront ahead of Cassidy, Turner, Forte or Murphy.

If it meant signing 2 centre halfs instead of 1 then i would definately look to ship him out. I like philly, we just have better players in those positions at the moment.

I'd like to see Philliskirk tried as a striker.

He's no number 10