Anthony Gerrard teaser....

Another Bury pensioner, I reckon

The fact he thinks himself worthy of excitement, and the fact our fans are falling for his bait are both as tragic as each other

Yeah Gerrard! You ......you mercenary!!!

Everyone seems to be having tragic moments lately...

Have to say with Pete Wild and Jenny Warbuton starting to follow him, him tweeting as though he's found a club and him tweeting a video of him near BP, it is looking likely.

Would be a silly silly thing to do for a joke given how many Latics fans are begging him to sign on Twitter.

With Wilson not featuring in the last 2 friendlies due to random injuries when DK said we had an injury free squad...I can only expect that if Gerrard is in...Wilson is out

If that's the case, I hope Carpet is the ball player he claims to be. We definitely need 1 extra CB though so I hope he stays.

So it's not Gerrard, but Gunning after all.

That's like receiving a PS4 sized present for Christmas and when unwrapping it, you find a pair of shoes or a mug tree and mugs.

Gunning may come good but when posts around Watmore and Gerrard are circulated you can't help but be underwhelmed.

So what we've learnt from that, is Oldham fans will believe anything.

But more importantly, is this fella Gerrard fancies himself as half decent that when rejected by Walsall needs to make himself feel good again, so goes on the wind up to get some idiotic oldham fans creaming themselves over the possibility of signing him. Only for him to still be without a club, but hey hoe least he's going home happy knowing some bang average league one clubs fan following on Twitter want him in their life.

I would like to believe that this was a clever plot by the club to force Gunnings hand into a short term low value deal...

Corney to GG- We have other irons in the fire GG one of which is coming to see us today to discuss terms

Corney to AG - Hey Ant would you do us a favour load a video to twitter showing you are in Oldham would ya?

AG - loads video en route to Bury FC

GG to Corney - ok I will accept 10 peanuts a week for 12 months

The problem with all this is from what I have seen I am not sure Gunning is even worth that!