So, two games in - thoughts and your team for Fleetwood?

Cornell and Coleman both look fine. If one of them really makes the position his own we'll have a very good keeper.

I think Coleman gets the nod so far as he's more vocal and a bit more Neuer-esque in his distribution.

Brian Wilson hasn't been great but he'll still do. I don't think we'll be looking at signing a new RB unless decent money comes in for an outgoing player. Connor Brown will be unfortunate not to get back in if Wilson doesn't improve on Saturday.

Mills hasn't been great but he blew hot and cold for a while last season.

James Wilson has started the season very well.

Burn looks quality.

Hard to judge Gunning only on a torrid time against a quality Boro side.

Winchester hasn't been himself so far.

Kelly has been good, as expected.

Jones was fine v Walsall.

I wasn't impressed with Croft against Walsall but he pulled his tripe out tonight. MoM on effort alone but hopefully we'll see more quality starting on Saturday.

Forte, clinical against Walsall and played well & entertained generally. Struggled against Boro. First choice left winger though without a doubt.

Poleon. Tried hard tonight but didn't produce much.

Dunn - what a :censored:ing player. If we get 30 games out of him he'll score double figures and set twice as many up. He may almost single handedly take us up.

Cassidy - very, very impressed. I was underwhelmed when he signed due to his goalscoring record since that purple patch at Tranmere but, as daft as it sounds for our main frontman, his workrate, physical presence, link up and hold up play could serve us very well without him even scoring a goal all season.

Turner - poor at Walsall, better tonight. He's got something and will have a good season.

Philliskirk - he frustrates me with his lack of "oomph" but he'll often eventually make or score a goal

Darren Kelly - we seem to be playing with more freedom than we did under LJ and he has already shown he can change a game with substitutions - ok, so could I with David Dunn on the bench :grin:.

The players seem happy enough.

It feels like a promising start to the season.

I hope he can keep it up.

Saturday feels like the acid test - a draw was acceptable v Walsall & Boro, the pressure's on for 3 points v Fleetwood.

Good luck to him, I hope he can carry on as he's started.

Team v Fleetwood

Coleman

Wilson

Wilson

Burn

Mills

Croft

Kelly

Jones (Philliskirk if he has left)

Winchester (drop him for a game if he doesn't produce)

Forte

Cassidy

If that side can't see them off then Dunn, Turner & Poleon/Philliskirk can come on to finish the job.

I cannot for the life of me see David Dunn coming on for 20 minutes again, if needed, and not creating and/or scoring a couple.....

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must be mad if you think B.Wilson deserves to start ahead of Brown on Saturday! Agree with the rest of that but Dunn has to start on Saturday.

I'd start Brown personally but I think that's DK's first choice back four and he'll stick with it again back against League One opposition.....

Agree with all of that, but we might aswell start Dunn hadn't we? I mean if he's goosed after 45 mins it won't really matter, 2 goals to the good.

Oh and Connor Brown needs to be on that pitch, and Philliskirk needs to stop hiding in games, playing 5 yard passes then not being available to receive it back.

Edited by MAC0AFC

Agree with all of that, but we might aswell start Dunn hadn't we? I mean if he's goosed after 45 mins it won't really matter, 2 goals to the good.

An overweight unfit player is asking for muscle pulls and strains especially if he is pulling his tripe out!

Edited by Blue_Guru

An overweight unfit player is asking for muscle pulls and strains especially if he is pulling his tripe out!

Stop being reasonable and smart, but ye agree.. we need to look after him don't we? I mean you can't fault me for getting excited at seeing him in less than 3 days time!

Coleman

Brown J Wilson Burn Mills

Kelly

Croft Dunn Jones Forte

Cassidy Turner

Exactly the same for me if it works. If the ref is alert then I'd stick Turner on the bench and try again at the start of the 2nd half.

Only other thought is on Dunn. Clearly the best footballer at the club but is it worth easing him in until he's fit given that bringing him on for the last 30 mins against a tiring defence could be effective. Until he's fully fit, maybe Winchester/Green in that role (again, try both if we can get away with it - together they're about the same size as Dunn anyway).

Brian Wilson hasn't been great but he'll still do..

Do for what? Carrying buckets of drinks around? Opening the door and greeting visitors (Although I still think they'd sneak in behind him without him noticing)?

:censored:ing woeful. They exploited him ruthlessly last season and I don't think they could believe their luck that he was starting again tonight.

Cornell and Coleman both look fine. If one of them really makes the position his own we'll have a very good keeper.

I think Coleman gets the nod so far as he's more vocal and a bit more Neuer-esque in his distribution.

Brian Wilson hasn't been great but he'll still do. I don't think we'll be looking at signing a new RB unless decent money comes in for an outgoing player. Connor Brown will be unfortunate not to get back in if Wilson doesn't improve on Saturday.

Mills hasn't been great but he blew hot and cold for a while last season.

James Wilson has started the season very well.

Burn looks quality.

Hard to judge Gunning only on a torrid time against a quality Boro side.

Winchester hasn't been himself so far.

Kelly has been good, as expected.

Jones was fine v Walsall.

I wasn't impressed with Croft against Walsall but he pulled his tripe out tonight. MoM on effort alone but hopefully we'll see more quality starting on Saturday.

Forte, clinical against Walsall and played well & entertained generally. Struggled against Boro. First choice left winger though without a doubt.

Poleon. Tried hard tonight but didn't produce much.

Dunn - what a :censored:ing player. If we get 30 games out of him he'll score double figures and set twice as many up. He may almost single handedly take us up.

Cassidy - very, very impressed. I was underwhelmed when he signed due to his goalscoring record since that purple patch at Tranmere but, as daft as it sounds for our main frontman, his workrate, physical presence, link up and hold up play could serve us very well without him even scoring a goal all season.

Turner - poor at Walsall, better tonight. He's got something and will have a good season.

Philliskirk - he frustrates me with his lack of "oomph" but he'll often eventually make or score a goal

Darren Kelly - we seem to be playing with more freedom than we did under LJ and he has already shown he can change a game with substitutions - ok, so could I with David Dunn on the bench :grin:.

The players seem happy enough.

It feels like a promising start to the season.

I hope he can keep it up.

Saturday feels like the acid test - a draw was acceptable v Walsall & Boro, the pressure's on for 3 points v Fleetwood.

Good luck to him, I hope he can carry on as he's started.

Team v Fleetwood

Coleman

Wilson

Wilson

Burn

Mills

Croft

Kelly

Jones (Philliskirk if he has left)

Winchester (drop him for a game if he doesn't produce)

Forte

Cassidy

If that side can't see them off then Dunn, Turner & Poleon/Philliskirk can come on to finish the job.

I cannot for the life of me see David Dunn coming on for 20 minutes again, if needed, and not creating and/or scoring a couple.....

'Winchester hasnt been himself so far'................Yes he bloody has, stop making excuses for him, offers little, doesnt work and not a great deal of talent. Bench him

And get Connor Brown in at right back, not great defensively (neither is B Wilson) but uses the ball well

Edited by ChaddySmoker

'Winchester hasnt been himself so far'................Yes he bloody has, stop making excuses for him, offers little, doesnt work and not a great deal of talent. Bench him

And get Connor Brown in at right back, not great defensively (neither is B Wilson) but uses the ball well

??? predictable.

Croft has tracked back and ran a lot, but has he provided any end product yet? Wouldn't be commenting this early if the midfield wasn't so competitive for places. I don't think Winchester offered much less than Croft in an attacking sense.

Brian Wilson isn't a professional footballer. I just won't have it.

Only the player himself and the manager know when to play David Dunn. Jones back, Burn back, Cassidy looking good; say it at my peril, but we ought to be winning these sort of home games if we're to have a decent season.

Brown uses the ball well?

Please enlighten me.