So, two games in - thoughts and your team for Fleetwood?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His problem appears to be he gets crowded out too often, this presents difficulties, not only around the opposition area, but in his own half, where a tendency to lose possession leads to dangerous breakaways. In my opinion if he could utilise space better off the ball he could be far more effective.

If mi:censored:ting shots were a skill, I would have been Premier League!!!

Seriously though BP1960, with your more trained eye, would you class Danny as a 'more accurate' striker, and if so would you consider that to be a particular asset?

Edited by BP1960

Although I can unfortunately only go off live commentary and highlights, I would go with Philliskirk keeping his place, which gives you more of a 4-4-1-1 than 4-5-1, especially given that hope that we would be taking it to Fleetwood.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/93505/philliskirk-revels-in-deeper-role

B Wilson out, Brown in.

Jones should start.

Burn and Coleman back in

So....?

Coleman

Brown

Wilson

Burn

Mills

Croft

Kelly

Jones

Winchester (or does Philliskirk keep his place?)

Forte

Cassidy

So last week after I listed all the detrimental points about Winch, you asked 'did i even like football?' and now you consider him to be replaced by Philly?

ABOUT TURN...............................

So last week after I listed all the detrimental points about Winch, you asked 'did i even like football?' and now you consider him to be replaced by Philly?

Perhaps, unlike you, the rest of us don't have agendas and can accept if a player hasn't quite been at his best, he could lose his place?

My take on it is HB says it as he sees it, not many of our fans share your love for Philliskirk but on the evidence of Wednesday night he does deserve to start ahead of Winchester tomorrow.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/93501/darrens-dunn-dilemma

Kelly tempted to start Dunn.

I think we'll have enough with him staying on the bench & he can certainly come on and win the game for us if we need him to.

If he does start I think we can rest assured he's fully fit.

I would use Dunn and Green as a 90 minute option - start with Dunn and bring Green on later in the game. That way we get the benefit of Dunn's skills from the off with Green playing an understudy role to Dunn's mentor. That could work.

So is it an agenda to believe that a player is overrated or is it just different to your opinion, which you find hard to accept?

A lot people on here, Twitter & even the real world do seem to find it hard to hold their hands up when their favourite player has a stinker or a player they don't like/rate plays really well.....

I've never got it. They're all Oldham players.....