Players to be loaned to local non-league clubs

i'd rather it was a sightly higher level than ashton...stalybridge / stockport / chorley all in league above. I understand getting games is a benefit but it has to be a level to help them progress...otherwise your risking injury for nothing other than fitness. even if we pay 100% wages....

If we can't convince teams above this level to take a player, questions have to be raised about his ability moving forward i'm afraid

Good idea but hopefully loaned to teams that have something to play for not like when we sent Glen Belezika to Hyde where already doomed. Although i still be tempted to maybe send Rhy Murphy to Accrington a team who always have something to play for. Where he get plenty of game time.

i'd rather it was a sightly higher level than ashton...stalybridge / stockport / chorley all in league above. I understand getting games is a benefit but it has to be a level to help them progress...otherwise your risking injury for nothing other than fitness. even if we pay 100% wages....

If we can't convince teams above this level to take a player, questions have to be raised about his ability moving forward i'm afraid

But that also depends on teams at the level you are suggesting wanting or having a need for any of the players rather than the powers of persuasion?

But that also depends on teams at the level you are suggesting wanting or having a need for any of the players rather than the powers of persuasion?

Obviously this is the case....i just think maybe that league is at least one below where we should be looking if its for player improvement. If it's just for fitness, why not get some 'reserve team' friendlies sorted?

Are players really only going to get into teams that are 4 tiers below us?

Edited by Fruitygoo

Obviously this is the case....i just think maybe that league is at least one below where we should be looking if its for player improvement. If it's just for fitness, why not get some 'reserve team' friendlies sorted?

Are players really only going to get into teams that are 4 tiers below us?

It's often a case of sending kids out to play against men rather than boys, a short loan spell is better than no games at all.

It's often a case of sending kids out to play against men rather than boys, a short loan spell is better than no games at all.

But where do you draw the line? Turning out for the Rose and Crown on a Sunday morning is a chance to play against men. Some of the younger players performed really well pre-season, especially Edmondson and Truelove so where do you look to loan them? One of Johnsons many failings was his complete refusal to develop players but I'm not sure sending lads out to Evo Stik clubs is beneficial. Conf North should be the minimum standard.

These players we loan out hardly play, though... they're not going on loan and being a highlight signing for the team they are loaned out too.

They're almost added baggage and get sent back not long after. Like a 'thanks but no thanks' I've not yet seen one of our players sent out on loan and establish himself in the first team for longer than a few games

But where do you draw the line? Turning out for the Rose and Crown on a Sunday morning is a chance to play against men. Some of the younger players performed really well pre-season, especially Edmondson and Truelove so where do you look to loan them? One of Johnsons many failings was his complete refusal to develop players but I'm not sure sending lads out to Evo Stik clubs is beneficial. Conf North should be the minimum standard.

Besides Winchester, Brown, his numerous attempts with Mellor, and the James Wilson gamble. He also kept the likes of Tuohy/Byrne/Coleman/Bove in and around the squad. Dont see him refusing to develop players, he just didnt send them to Evo stick league, which you suggest isnt beneficial.

How do we know clubs at a level higher would want our youth players? They could actually be crap!

Besides Winchester, Brown, his numerous attempts with Mellor, and the James Wilson gamble. He also kept the likes of Tuohy/Byrne/Coleman/Bove in and around the squad. Dont see him refusing to develop players, he just didnt send them to Evo stick league, which you suggest isnt beneficial.

How do we know clubs at a level higher would want our youth players? They could actually be crap!

Tarkowski too...

we're doing the equivalent of a premier league team rolling out players to the conference (which you very rarely see) and as has been said, the players very rarely get much of a game.

Which would be better? A reserve team where occasionally we have to play youth if we're short....or bove sitting on the bench for ashton?