In what position should Philliskirk be played?

I see him as a number ten link man type player who brings others into the game, this needs a willing runner in front of him and the men on the wing cutting in and moving into positions to receive the ball.

But, wherever he plays he needs a decent spell there, like most players it is vital to get consistency, having two games here, half a game there doesn't do anyone any good.

He got 10 shots away plus a goal on Wednesday, leave him there.....

I've seen him strike a ball very cleanly. Not on Wednesday though.

He's something of an enigma to me. I think his best performances have come as the second striker (number 10) but he rarely gets used that way.

I don't doubt his work rate or commitment when playing deeper, but his effectiveness is open to question.

Don't quite understand all the hysteria about Philiskirk. He is a number 10 all day long, and very good at picking up space and playing short balls around corners to try and bring runners into play.

His problem is that he doesn't score enough, and he only plays well when the players around him suit that style. For instance; Dayton's best work was all in conjunction with Philiskirk because they were both intelligent with decent movement.

The question about his performance should be; are there enough goals elsewhere in the team to accommodate a good quality number 10 who may only bag you 6 or 7 league goals.

Bar Forte, the best player we have at reading the game and being a fox in the box.

His shots to goal ratio may explain why he's at this level, but, with even mediocre service, he at least finds the space, and the ball, to get the chance of getting a shot away in time.

I'd say his best position is the right of a front three. He has scored a few goals, and got some assists, and penalties, often from drifting in from the right flank - where he isn't man-marked by a central defender who beats him to every long ball. But he hasn't got the pace to play right wing to be most effective in a 4-4-2 in my opinion as he'll get pushed back, although he is disciplined enough to do a job there - if Croft gets injured for example

2 starts 2 goals.

Typical Latics fans think hes ':censored:' its :censored:in boring go and do sumat else you clueless pricks.

Must admit, I didn't think he had his best game yesterday, and if it wasn't for his excellently taken goal I would have taken him off quite early for Dunn/Green. Once he scored he became a bit more livelier and advanced, but for me he didn't create as much as he usually can do and I thought he was a little out of sorts yesterday. But he scored the winner, so really I couldn't care less

Spent a big part of his development as a striker - He is this seasons top scorer - and we have an injury to our current striker .....and some of you want him out of the team!!!!

Play him as a striker and bring Green in to his midfield role or at worst leave him in place

:coffee1:

Don't quite understand all the hysteria about Philiskirk. He is a number 10 all day long, and very good at picking up space and playing short balls around corners to try and bring runners into play.

His problem is that he doesn't score enough, and he only plays well when the players around him suit that style. For instance; Dayton's best work was all in conjunction with Philiskirk because they were both intelligent with decent movement.

Thats a very good point. He linked well too with Daniel Johnson. Needs runners and intelligent players around him, rather than having to drop back in midfield to cover for crap players. By the way how is Wesolowski doing?

Thats a very good point. He linked well too with Daniel Johnson. Needs runners and intelligent players around him, rather than having to drop back in midfield to cover for crap players. By the way how is Wesolowski doing?

Dear me Philliskirks finally had a couple of good/average games and we are being treated to no end of :censored:e off his No1 fan, he has played in a deeper role in the last two games, next you will be telling us he should be replacing Kelly as captain.