Darren Kelly's business v Lee Johnson's business....

OK rumour has it most of DK's signings weren't actually DK's signings, however.....

I think it would be fair to say most of us thought Lee Johnson was our best signer of players/wheeler dealer since Joe Royle...

He seemed to have a knack of signing a player, getting a season out of him and then selling him on for an (undisclosed) profit.

But, this seasons business seems to have made us a much better TEAM.

LJ never signed a forward of Cassidy's quality

Or a midfielder like Dunn.

Burn looks better than any of LJ's loan signings, barring maybe Korey Smith.

He got rid of Croft - two games so far tell us he shouldn't have....

Cornell arguably looks better than that keeper he brought in for a season long loan, whose name I've already forgotten....

Not to mention Paddy Kenny & Jake Kean.

Kelly, Jones, Forte, J Wilson were very good signings, however, The Dazzler has so far kept hold of them while LJ got rid of/lost Baxter, Matt Smith, Grounds, Tarky.

Kelly has only got rid of/lost Elokobi, Lockwood, Mellor, Morgan-Smith...

And he signed/loaned some right old :censored:e aswell - Tidser, KIssock, Kusunga, Mellis, MacDonald,

LJ increasingly starts to look like he was a kid in a sweetshop whilst Kelly is fine dining (even if Corney is ordering for him :grin: - "I recommend the Blackburn Rump, don't worry I'm paying" :lol:)

Kelly, whether through choice or Corney's insistence, is going about his/our business a lot more sensibly & giving us a lot more quality....

Edited by HarryBosch

I reckon DK has a slightly bigger budget to play with than Johnson did during his time here although it will probably be smaller than Johnson's budget for Barnsley this season. I know your not one to like talking about budgets Harry but it's an important factor to think off here.

It's also very early still to make any real comparisons Dunn could well do a kuqi and start like a house on fire and fade in the second half of the season or he could do an Eyres Shez and be seen as a legend. George Green might do a Dale Stephens we don't see him for 12 months then appears and nails down a first team place.

Are you talking January in General or last January?

Gary Harkins and James Wilson were both acquired the previous January both should be seen as successful signings.

Last January. Kean, Mellis and Murphy I think I'm right in saying.

OK rumour has it most of DK's signings weren't actually DK's signings, however.....

I think it would be fair to say most of us thought Lee Johnson was our best signer of players/wheeler dealer since Joe Royle...

He seemed to have a knack of signing a player, getting a season out of him and then selling him on for an (undisclosed) profit.

But, this seasons business seems to have made us a much better TEAM.

LJ never signed a forward of Cassidy's quality - 2 Games (see croft comment)

Or a midfielder like Dunn. Like who?

Burn looks better than any of LJ's loan signings, barring maybe Korey Smith. Agree, I think Burn is going to be a great player.

He got rid of Croft - two games so far tell us he shouldn't have.... See Cassidy comment

Cornell arguably looks better than that keeper he brought in for a season long loan, whose name I've already forgotten.... Agree, but so does Coleman

Not to mention Paddy Kenny & Jake Kean. See above

Kelly, Jones, Forte, J Wilson were very good signings, however, The Dazzler has so far kept hold of them (during an LJ tenure that gave them the contracts) while LJ got rid of/lost Baxter, Matt Smith, Grounds, Tarky. Doubt it was LJs decision to sell/let go

Kelly has only got rid of/lost Elokobi, Lockwood, (Debateable if that was DKs decision) Mellor, Morgan-Smith... no massive loss

And he signed/loaned some right old :censored:e aswell - Tidser, KIssock, Kusunga, Mellis, MacDonald, AGREED! ( but there is time for DK to do the same)

LJ increasingly starts to look like he was a kid in a sweetshop whilst Kelly is fine dining (even if Corney is ordering for him :grin: - "I recommend the Blackburn Rump, don't worry I'm paying" :lol:)

Kelly, whether through choice or Corney's insistence, is going about his/our business a lot more sensibly & giving us a lot more quality....

Your opening line negates the rest of you post.

However I'm not a fan of of LJ, but its too early too make these judgements, I am a fan of DK, but these posts should be reserved for at least New Year.