Oldham 1 Fleetwood 0

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A win is a win a hard fought scrappy maybe poor performance.

Coleman was excellent

Brown did OK but he is brainless. Another ref would have given a pen against him

Jones looks rusty.

Kelly may be gone as soon as Dunn gets fit IMO - hope not

We will miss Cassidy as it is already clear if he isn't there the ball will come back.

3 points though happy days

3 points but that was hard going, I hope the manager after that today never gets the idea to play Poleon left wing again, the defender knew what he was going to do every time. Also, why water the pitch at half time, Jones kept slipping along with other players from both sides, there must have been a thousand gallons dumped on it on Friday.

Their manager must be scratching his head wondering how they lost that game, although the attempted finish from Croft was too bad to be true, he should have let it hit his belly instead of trying to leather it in, and some of Crofts crosses today were awful as much as I admire his work rate his touch in the final third has to be better.

Mills had another off day but I thought Wilson and Burn had decent enough games. Get something from Colchester on Tuesday and it will have been a fruitful start to the season.

Really poor today....gaping holes all over the pitch and it looked like Fleetwood had a couple of extra players, they could and should have been 3 up in 20 minutes and a more clinical team would have been out of sight by HT.

Losing Cassidy early was a blow but Turner did well after coming on and set up the goal. Other than that we created very little and we were extremely lucky to hold on to the 3 points.

We didn't attack in any numbers today and both Cassidy and then Turner were totally isolated up top with very little support from midfield.

Definitely better with Brown at RB but Poleon is dire. He's another Jermaine Johnson only not as good!!

Can't complain really with 4 points from the first two games but that was a poor performance from a 'home' team and I just hope a lack of consistency is not going to be our failing once again.

i thought Burn looked way out of his depth for the first half an hour but improved after that.

Mills was caught out of position too many times and was almost playing as a 3rd centre half?

Special Mention played well I thought until he thought he was Messi and lost the ball towards the end.

Croft gave his all first half and looked tired in the second.

Kelly was Kelly and deserved MOM I think.

I thought it was wrong to bring on Dunn when we did. He played too far forwards, hardly had a touch and hardly tracked back when we needed him to.

We didn't play well but got the 3 points, sign of a good team that isn't it?

Early season game, they were better at the start but couldn't hit a barn door and what they did get on target Coleman deal with comfortably. We're still getting to grips with how the manager wants the team to play but they will get there. Croft tireless running and tackles more than some players who would do well to watch and copy. Good finish by Philiskirk, hopefully the two in two means he should find it a bit easier running without the crowd on his back for a few games. Sadly that crowd has gone on to Poleon's back. A bit Chris Tayloresque playing left wing without a left foot but the only way it will come is games. Oddly enough, the same runs that led to shouts of "You're :censored: Poleon" when done by Forte led to silence but I can't put my finger on why that would be...

Coleman MoM for me, kept us in it throughout, well done lad! Looks like the work he has done over the close season has continued his progress, long may it continue but sadly looks like a lot of that won't be at Latics.

Pleased for DK to get the first 3 points on the board, he's got a way to go in winning some 'supporters' over but the only way to do that is points on the board, performances can come later.

After four minutes they'd had five clear goal scoring opportunities.

Poleon was :censored:e and stopped trying second half.

I don't think I've ever seen a referee make so many incorrect throw in decisions in one game!

Coleman is a bit too keen to run to the edge of his box. He's going to get lobbed a few times this season.

Edited by opinions4u

Counted twelve clear-cut chances that they should have taken. Don't think anyone in defence or midfield played particularly badly, but something must have been off for them to create so many opportunities.

We absolutely robbed them...

I just think Kelly got the team and tactics wrong today, he'll learn from his mistakes I'm sure.

I don't think we'll ever see Poleon on the left again, he's entirely right footed and couldn't even run with the ball at full speed because of this.

The formation is proving hard for the players to combat or we have poor players. I think it's the former.

We are just not linking up well in either a defensive formation or creating passing opportunities going forward. The defensive side was there for all to see today, Fleetwood found space and time endlessly and ultimately the gaps. Going forward often resulted in long boot to an isolated sole front man. Either get the formation to work and change it to suit the players.

Fleetwood must be gob smacked they didnt win let alone lose.

Croft could have put his chance away with his knob.......no wonder you never score!

Onwards with 3 points.